Honored Contributor

That is an amazing before and after but honestly, I never bought into any of that stuff.  It's silly talk to me.  

Honored Contributor

This is interesting; if I had to pick, I'd be a #4 - structured and exact (and yes, a critical eye).

Having said that, I do not follow the whole Color Me Beautiful idea - JMO it seems extremely dated.  I choose what colors I like and what I'm comfortable wearing. It really is that simple for me.

Honored Contributor

Your welcome, @phoenixbrd!

As to programs like this having anything to do with the occult, if I had come across anything that suggested that, I wouldn't have posted.  I respect @ALRATIBA's concerns in that regard.  I also believe absolutely that the occult in all its manifestations is to be meticulously avoided. 

I haven't really the energy to do the kind of research necessary to determine for myself;  I do think the emphasis on "energy" manifesting in different people in different ways might be construed as New Age.   On the other hand, I saw a video where Carol Tuttle was working with a woman of Orthodox Jewish views, who had certain clothing requirements (wearing hats, and modest necklines and hemlines) and Carol Tuttle affirmed that and expressed respect for religious requirements.  In another video, she was saying, to the effect that, well, I can't take credit for the (underlying principles) of the program, (meaning different people's energy manifesting in very identifiable different ways, influencing clothing preferences, etc.), anyway, she said "I can't take credit for that-- that's God".   So, to my mind, that seemed compatible with the kind of world view I have.

I don't have problems with people pointing out things like @ALRATIBA did, at all.  It can be instructive;  of course no one has to heed or believe what any of us here say. 

It's my belief also that people can express the thought that these kinds of theories about dressing are frivolous, or goofy, or not useful to them, or on the other hand, that they might find some takeaway that's helpful.  There are few topics that can't benefit from spirited but civil discussion, in my view.

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRESSING YOUR TRUTH"

[ Edited ]

Everyone is right according to their own lights..It is just something I don't put much stock in, or worry about

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Very interesting read!

I follow Carole Jackson because my eye sees colors like thosse before me who were artists.  There's no denying that when someone has a sallow skin tone, if you put them in yellow it's very bad.

Because there are more clothing choices (and ways to shop than in the past) I go by Carole Jackson's color system, then personality.  

I'm very outgoing and object to having myself look green. (I follow Carole Jackson and then find my styles).

@ECBG...I can't thank you enough for your invaluable advice a few weeks back about choosing a Season. I was able to streamline my wardrobe and even was able to change my haircolor to a more ashy blonde, not so golden. My hairdresser calls it Moonlight Blonde. LOL

I have been having fun with the colors in my pallette. For years I really thought it was just a gimmick but once it came together with the right makeup and clothing, it makes quite a bit of sense. I also think it will save money because of less experimenting with makeup.

Thanks again and it was very thoughtful of you to have posted all the information that you did...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11Thank you for your kind post.  I'm always here if you need me.

The seasonal palette in Carole Jackson's book Color Me Beautiful is invaluable.  The color you see here depends on the quality of your screen, so it isn't necessarily true. We use an actual small LG tv screen for our desk top.

I dress SO many ladies and they call every day to see if I'm working.  They call me the "head stylist" (we don't have that title), but with my background the company I work for couldn't afford me, lol! 

Good thing they got me in retirement!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I've been a clothes horse all my life.  My choices are those items that actually "speak to me" and there's no rhyme or reason to it at the end of the day, except that I am usually pleased with my choices.

If I had to analyze myself by four types of energy, they could change on any given day, i.e., how I feel, how much sleep  I had the night before, did my hot water heater spring a leak in the middle of the night while I slept, is the weather beautiful that day, is it payday.  In other words, I don't think I can be classified.  Woman Wink

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @I watched and agree with you.I am now more confused than ever.I don’t feel that I can relate perfectly to any of those numbers.

Honored Contributor

I get her emails.  I don't know that I always agree with her but I think it is a system by which you agree generally, but not with each individual item or color.  You just try to use it as a guide.

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRESSING YOUR TRUTH"

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

While I have every intention of watching, with the proverbial grain of salt, the character traits we may share or 'energy' is one thing; the idea that there is a matching wardrobe for that 'energy' is a bit farfetched.

Who decides on the garment/style that matches your 'energy'? Seems pretty arbitrary to  me...

@Andreatoo   I agree with you, in large.   I agree with some of what she has to say.  I don't think of myself as having energy.  To me, that is Newage stuff.  I think of myself as being quite shy but having a bright smile and able to speak in public without trembling, and I try to wear clothing and colors that make me look affable.  I think we need both.  I want people to think of me as approachable so only at Christmas do I wear red or dynamic clothing.  I usually wear jackets, skirts, scarves and jewelry to make them more than a uniform.  I like very high heels because I am short and I don't like feeling as if others dwarf me.