Honored Contributor

"Best Selling Designer on the Q!"

I hear this proclamation at the start of every Susan Graver show, and Denim & Co. show.  So which is it? 

Not that it matters, I just think if the hosts are going to use that phrase all the time, it should be accurate & truthful.

Just curious.  I must be sleep-deprived to even post the question.  Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Best Selling Designer on the Q!"

[ Edited ]

There's a subtle difference.  I have heard them say that SG is the best selling designer on QVC and that is probably true when you see how much inventory she has here.  They say that D&Co is the best selling QVC brand.  QVC owns D&Co, it's their store brand.  Where as SG's brand belongs to her.  So, both of those "best" statements are true.  

Respected Contributor

I think I have a different opinion of the meaning of the term "designer".  IMHO QVC's designers are Louis delOlio, Bob Mackie, Stan Herman and Isaac. I know I'm leaving out some, but not trying to include every person. Susan Graver (for example) has a "design team" and often expresses surprise when some items appear on her shows, as if she's never seen them before. The same for Denim & Co.  I don't believe that everyone who presents a line is a true designer, for example Brooke Shields. Gary often refers to his "design team" having styled something. I tend to believe that QVC's "best selling designer" is Louis or Isaac.  Seems to me that this is a term which needs to be eliminated from the speak.  Or mayabe they need to show us the numbers.

Valued Contributor

Susan Graver is a designer. Each designer has team she just never makes secret about this. And by the way she knows her stuff more than everybody.  Some people like different designers and it’s ok . But again she owns her company and her label and this is the difference.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

There's a subtle difference.  I have heard them say that SG is the best selling designer on QVC and that is probably true when you see how much inventory she has here.  They say that D&Co is the best selling QVC brand.  QVC owns D&Co, it's their store brand.  Where as SG's brand belongs to her.  So, both of those "best" statements are true.  

Ahhhhhhh.  I admit to not paying attention enough to notice the subtlety there.  Makes perfect sense now.  Thank you very much @chrystaltree.

Respected Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

Susan Graver is a designer. Each designer has team she just never makes secret about this. And by the way she knows her stuff more than everybody.  Some people like different designers and it’s ok . But again she owns her company and her label and this is the difference.

I know every designer has a team but I've never seen Louis or Bob act surprised when one of their designs is shown. No one seems secretive of having a team. It seems to me that QVC owns Susan's label, but what do I know?  The only thing I remember Susan claiming is her prints, which don't appeal to me. I just don't feel she is a designer in the category with a Louis, Bob or Isaac. And she sure doesn't know her stuff any better than some of the others. Sorry - guess we have different ideas of the meaning of the word.

Super Contributor

Susan acts surprised at everything. Please do not put her in the same class as Bob or Louis.

Valued Contributor

@Perkup

Hi, I understand that you like more different designers  and it’s ok, but she owns her company and label, she is a designer just does not appears  you  and this is ok. But she knows her stuff more than everybody else. With all my respect for Isaac ( and he is a great designer) his stuff for QVC  done not by him.

I like Susan items but now prefer different designer but it just me. Susan still Susan and has more shows than everybody because she sells more. Airtime very expensive and QVC will not spend time and money for something which does not bring money back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

I think I have a different opinion of the meaning of the term "designer".  IMHO QVC's designers are Louis delOlio, Bob Mackie, Stan Herman and Isaac. I know I'm leaving out some, but not trying to include every person. Susan Graver (for example) has a "design team" and often expresses surprise when some items appear on her shows, as if she's never seen them before. The same for Denim & Co.  I don't believe that everyone who presents a line is a true designer, for example Brooke Shields. Gary often refers to his "design team" having styled something. I tend to believe that QVC's "best selling designer" is Louis or Isaac.  Seems to me that this is a term which needs to be eliminated from the speak.  Or mayabe they need to show us the numbers.

@Perkup   I don't think Isaac designs anything anymore.  He frequently acts totally surprised when something is rolled out for him to sell.  He seems to be so disinterested that he doesn't even reviews "his" merchandise before the show.  I think Louis and Bob Mackie are the only true designers.

I wouldn't be sure about Susan owning her business.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn thst QVC bought it yesrs ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

One thousand percent.  And her surprise face is not like Issac's.  Issac never saw the garment before in his life.