Occasional Contributor

"As is" shipping cost higher than regular priced

I've just ordered an "As Is" tunic and noticed for the first time that the shipping was two dollars more than if it's purchased at regular price. I'm wondering why the shipping cost is higher. Woman Embarassed

Occasional Contributor

Re: "As is" shipping cost higher than regular priced

This was a logo Goldstein tunic that I ordered. 

Esteemed Contributor

They are sneaking in higher shipping costs all the time. If you are interested in one of the items with a $5.00 shipping charge, you have to ask if it's worth the extra two bucks. It does seem counter-intuitive to me that they would surcharge an as-is item. I would think they would do anything to get those out the door.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I just got a Denim & Co. as is which was $3 shipping.  It doesn't seem right; clothing is supposed to be $3. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I just got a Denim & Co. as is which was $3 shipping.  It doesn't seem right; clothing is supposed to be $3. 

@Another new name Sue, did you mean $5.00 shipping on that as is?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShoppingDeprivedLady Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I did some investigating for you, the higher shipping & handling was a mistake in our system and it has now been corrected. I've adjusted the shipping & handling on that order and also added a $5 member credit to your account. If you need anything else, please let us know!  Sorry about that! Smiley Happy

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

@ShoppingDeprivedLady

i was just going to ask if you had called customer service, but it looks like @Brittany-QVC took care of it for you! nice! Woman Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ShoppingDeprivedLady  If I were you I'd call CS on this.  I order a number of clothing items in the 'as is' category and just went back through to see what I've been paying on all of the 'as is' I've ordered.  The s/h on all of the items was still $3.00 and I checked back to the start of 2015.  This included about 10 items, again all clothing.

If I had been charged more than $3.00 or if after investigating I found the s/h to be more than the regularly priced (same) item I would have cancelled it or would have definitely called CS.

Honored Contributor

@Brittany-QVC  just saying - nice move Brittany.  This was nice of you to do.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy to help! Smiley Happy