Frequent Contributor

Ladies, I really want your opinion on "as is" fashion, specifically "logo".  I have never purchased a as is item and chickened out thinking item may have a hole or may receive a shrunken item.  What is your experience regarding "as is" fashion?

Honored Contributor

Anything purchased "as is" from QVC can still be returned.

Frequent Contributor

I know item can be returned, just wanted to know what to expect.?

Esteemed Contributor

You will really take chances.  I purchased a garment "AS IS" and sent back same day.  It was worn.  Smelled like someone's B.O. and their awful cologne.  YUCK AND EWWWW. 

Another thought was - do women go around smelling so foul? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

I have only had good experiences with AS IS fashion items (jewelry is another story...).  The items I have received are in new, near perfect condition.  Even if they weren't, you can still return them!

Respected Contributor

I've always wondered if you can get the cost of shipping back if the "as is" item ends up being defective when you receive it?

Frequent Contributor

I do see what you mean Love Roses, guess it could depend also on how long the person kept item and wore it.  Item could be a mess in 30 days, hopefully qvc would not re-sell an item in bad shape.

Honored Contributor

I have had very good luck with as-is clothing with the exception of one top.  Everything has come to me packaged and most have still had the tags attached. 

The one exception was an Isaac peplum top that was a former TSV.  I rec'd the top and through no one else's fault but my own, I didn't look at it very well and tossed it to be washed.  I packed it in a suitcase to take with me on a trip and when I went to put it on, I noticed there were huge mauve "stains" all over the back of it like paint had dripped on it.  I have no idea where those stains came from but the top was not wearable and I ended up tossing it. 

I've had no luck with handbags purchased and about 50/50 luck with jewelry.   

Valued Contributor
I have ordered many clothing items and always have good luck, never a problem. I learned from Lipstick Diva to wait for TSV's as they tend to show up in the "as is" section. My SIL stalks the as is section for Dooney's and has gotten several with never a problem. Maybe we have just been lucky.
Honored Contributor

I have never purchased any "as is" items either, and was doing a search this morning on a certain brand and was searching "new" items, and all these "as is" items came up!  They obviously have a bunch with Christmas returns!  I guess I am just afraid to take the chance, I worry about bringing "unwanted" guests into my home!!!