Honored Contributor

Re: "Anybody" Vendor Who Always Wears a Jean Jacket

@Tyak wrote:

I like the blue and white stripe sweater/jacket she's got on in one pic.

@Tyakthat was a this day only the other day and was a really good price.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

What state do you live in now?

Honored Contributor

Amarillo, Texas

Contributor

I alsoi think she wears the jacket....and sometimes an Anybody jacket or duster.... for her own personal comfort level. If you notice, she is always tugging at the bottom hems of the tops she wears, like she's trying to cover up or something. That being said, I will agree that the jacket does usually work well with the outfits, but I find it refreshing when she wears something else or when we can actually see the top she has on.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I ended up in Amarillo 2 summers ago running away from a hurricane! (I went over the road with my DH)

Unfortunately I only got to see the truck stop and that cheesy/touristy steak place close by...

Honored Contributor

Probably talking about the Big Texan restaurant right on I-40 not far from the airport. Big ol' restaurant with the waiters men and women in hats, boots, that sort of thing. Gift shop. I got a picture some where in my collection when they used to have that Giant rocker. I climbed up there and took a seat LOL

DH took a snap (as they say in England) I never looked so little in my life !

ROFL

You get free prime rib dinner (with proof) when you have a b'day. DH always takes advantage of that. Has to be that day, no other before or after.  We never go out on weekends, but, his b'day fell on a Sat last yr. and we went then. They take your drivers license and show it to the Mgr. He was eating high on the hog that day. LOL

He retires in Sept. so we can hit it on his b'day any time

now. LOL

They filmed a movie there , too. Patrick Swayze movie yrs before we moved down here. Temps are 99 and above all this week. 101' Thurs.

Welcome to Tx. !

Honored Contributor

DSC00005 (Small).JPGDSC00002 (Small).JPG

picture is 5 yrs old I've lost more wgt since then.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

While we were there a dude from Houston was taking the 72 oz side of beef challenge! The funny thing(s) is he was all alone under a spotlight seated at a table for about 12 people while employees and looky-loos seemed to take turns walking up and staring at him! Lots of pictures, etc..

Never did find out if he made it but it was ridic how they were in his face the entire time!

Honored Contributor

That's just the side hall going to the bathrooms

The main area is monstrous and has a podium where U take the challenge to eat that 6 lb steak, salad and all the trimmings in 10 minutes. Think it is.

They clock you, your on webcam, also. If you can do it you get the meal free if you can't and most can't you have to pay for that steak and yrs ago it was 100.00 not sure what it is now. I'd guess 150.

A woman has won it the last 2 yrs. She beat out truckers and wrestling types

In fact to break the record seems like she ate 2 dinners which would be 12 pd of meat, double helpings of salad, baked potatos, bread.

One man tried to hide the steak he couldn't finish eating but somebody saw him online and called in and reported him. He had shoved it down his waistband in his pants. He had to pay up !

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SharkE 

While we were there a dude from Houston was taking the 72 oz side of beef challenge! The funny thing(s) is he was all alone under a spotlight seated at a table for about 12 people while employees and looky-loos seemed to take turns walking up and staring at him! Lots of pictures, etc..

Never did find out if he made it but it was ridic how they were in his face the entire time!

72 oz of just meat