Honored Contributor

"Amazon is destroying retail" No, retail is destroying retail.

That is a quote I read the other day, didn't have time to read the article.  All I thought was "No, retail is destroying retail."  That includes QVC.  I will continue to buy my fashions here, most of them anyway, but the competition is eating your lunch.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Amazon is destroying retail" No, retail is destroying retail.

This is just my generic opinion about headlines.  It's not a judgement on your post:

I never form an opinion merely from just reading a headline.  Ever.  Headlines are only meant to incite and rouse the masses (good or bad).  I read the full article and can see if the writer presented enough objective information for their headline, or if it's another one-sided commentary disguised as news.

Again, that's just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I have to agree with "Retail is destroying retail" as we knew it, but it had help.

Honored Contributor

I just don't get the big whoop with Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

I don't into that type of foolishness.  Not too long ago the same people were writing "Walmart is destryoing retail".  Before that it was  "Malls are destroying downtown retail".  It's always something for people who live and the past and resent change.  

Respected Contributor

Competition drives improvement, innovation, and value, so we need to hope that retailers other than Amazon stay healthy. I buy from Amazon and always check pricing from competitors before buying. They don't carry everything nor do they always have the lowest price, but they have a huge selection, many times the lowest price, and their shipping and return process is the best I've dealt with. Just my rambling thoughts...

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, the OP didn't mention an article or a source, but I just read a Bloomberg article entitled, "Amazon is saving retail, not destroying it."

I agree completely about subject titles not being the whole story.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachditto.  I found that article too, I believe it was in response to some comments that the Treasury Secretary made about Amazon a week ago.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

nothing is destroying retail for me......at least according to my spend account. LOL

i do know that i generally dont purchase clothing or accessories or jewelry on amazon.

amazon does have a purpose for me, but i dont order EVERYTHING from them. i am still spending money on other websites, in other stores, and on resale sites like ebay/etsy/facebook.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein