Honored Contributor

question about underwire in a bra or no underwire

How do you know if you need it or not? I am a 36B.  I have used both underwire and no underwire.  It does not seem to make a huge difference. What is the underwire suppose to do? Who is an underwire really made for?

Respected Contributor

Re: question about underwire in a bra or no underwire

A good question. I would like to know also. I have never tried Breezies and wonder the same.

Respected Contributor

Support, uplift. If you are comfortable with how you feel and look in clothes you don’t need it.  

I would think if it doesn’t make a difference you don’t need it.

Most larger busted women feel like they need it. I’ve been wearing wires for so long I’m  more comfortable with it.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Support, uplift. If you are comfortable with how you feel and look in clothes you don’t need it.  

I would think if it doesn’t make a difference you don’t need it.

Most larger busted women feel like they need it. I’ve been wearing wires for so long I’m  more comfortable with it.

@IMW  Do you feel the underwire gives your bust more form? Does it actually lift the bust up more noticeably than the no underwire bra?

Honored Contributor

I'm use to wearing underwire, lightly lined (t shirt) bras for so long and they're comfortable to me. I'll be watching the presentations today and how to read the sizing chart correctly. 

Honored Contributor

I have always worn a wire in my bra, I think it keeps me in place better than a non underwire, and I also think 'less bounce' when I walk.

I am a 32D...full busted.

Esteemed Contributor

I hate underwire bras. I had a lump removed a few years ago and the underwire sits on the removal site and can be painful. I stopped wearing wired bras about four years ago. I wear Rhonda Shear bras from HSN and love them.

Honored Contributor

Never worn an underwire bra, neither did my Mom. I also wear Rhonda Shear Ahh bras as my full time bra.

Honored Contributor

I wore underwires for years, then I wore a 32B.  Since, old age and weight gain and the girls going south, I have been wearing both underwire and non underwire.  I dont really notice a difference.  I think it is a personal choice.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Love underwire - when do you know you need it?   Well, if you look "down" and things aren't as high up as they should be - or your lace only bra has had its day - sag - sag - then you might want to consider underwireUnderwire, yes, gives a 'lift' and support.