Honored Contributor

Re: question about underwire in a bra or no underwire

@LTT1  I get a rash if I get anywhere near nylon. I have to wear all 100% cotton underwear (I buy the breezies) including bras - I buy Cacique from Lane Bryant. Also 100% all cotton nightgowns - I buy jersey night shirts.

Polyester doesn't bother me but I've been unable to wear nylon since childhood.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How do you know if you need it or not? I am a 36B.  I have used both underwire and no underwire.  It does not seem to make a huge difference. What is the underwire suppose to do? Who is an underwire really made for?

I don't know how old you are, but if I was a 36 B and the girls were perky, I would not wear a bra. Back in the late 60's and until I got married in 1974 I didn't wear a bra. Today I can only get away with that at home. I am a 36 C now and the girls are not what they used to be. I usually wear an under wire or just a Geni bra at home. I don't find underwire bras comfortable though, but for me they are more supportive.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay

I generally avoid elastic, like on sleeves, underwear, waistbands etc

I really dislike the way it feels

Esteemed Contributor

I wear size 38D and only wear Bali wirefree bras, #3820 (nylon) and nylon with the lace #3372. I order from Hanes dot com - low prices. You can also get a discount from retailmenot dot com.