Frequent Contributor

question about two different Barefoot Dreams sweaters and shedding

I have many Barefoot Dreams sweaters, most of which are fantastic and I love them.  Two have been shedders though and I wanted to ask if anyone knows which type sheds more?

I am looking at the Cozy Chic Lite Circle Cardigan with pockets A280185

vs

Cozy Chic Cocooon Cardigan A342923

My other BFD are all either Cozy Chic or Cozy Chic Lite, however I ordered two Cozy Chic Ultra Lite sweaters last year and they were horrific shedders.  I am looking to avoid that in the future.

Is it just the Ultra Lite line that sheds or has anyone experienced this with other lines in Barefoot Dreams?

Respected Contributor

Re: question about two different Barefoot Dreams sweaters and shedding

Wouldn’t the reviews give you a good idea which ones shed the most?  And if one doesn’t have many reviews, then that could be shedding isn’t a problem either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My one and only experience is my last. Why? Should anyone guess which item will shed or not. Absolutely, Ridiculous. TSV A350640 shedding issue with glitter flying everywhere is the same fabric as Q2BD and not only shedding the seams unfinished. No worries, returned, and lesson learned. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have 3 pieces of cozy chic, 2 sweaters and 1 wrap.  The wrap and one cartagen  are light in color and I love them  The second sweater is a dark blue and sheds terribly.  So much so I don't wear it.  It has also "grown" and what started out as a perfect length, just covering backside to now almost to knees.  I think it's hit or miss and for the cost it should be perfect.  I am not taking anymore chances with this brand.

PS.  I have washed and dryer dried the blue one numerous times to no avail as it still sheds.  The white cotten turtle neck I wore it with looked polka dot when I removed the sweater.

Super Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

My one and only experience is my last. Why? Should anyone guess which item will shed or not. Absolutely, Ridiculous. TSV A350640 shedding issue with glitter flying everywhere is the same fabric as Q2BD and not only shedding the seams unfinished. No worries, returned, and lesson learned. 

I had the same issue , even after wash and dry . It was glitter .  I wore it to a party , hugged someone wearing all black , it was like a direct glitter hit !! I have it in the oyster .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have between 30-40 Barefoot Dreams items (pants, sweaters, cardigans, socks, etc.). NONE of them have shed on me or anywhere else in my home.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have 7 pieces of Barefoot Dreams.  Two are ultra lite and shed like nobody's business.  I screwed up and did not return them.  They are not bad around the house....but if I wear them in the car, the seatbelt is coated and I have to clean it before I go anyplace else.

But I love the cozy chic lite -- no shed for me.

That said....I have enough of this stuff.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Respected Contributor

Out of the dozen or so pieces of Barefoot Dreams I have, only 2 shed. Both are shades of pink. They’re even different fabrics and styles.