Frequent Contributor

quality of wait list item(s) ?

I have had a Basso coat on wait list for a long time.  All of a sudden it is available.  I found out because I was checking my credit card statement and saw a strange charge from QVC .  Got no email or notice from QVC that it is now coming.  Anyway, how does something be unavailable for so long and all of a sudden not?  Is this a coat that someone returned?  If so, shouldn't it be called "as is"?   Thanks for your info on this subject.  Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: quality of wait list item(s) ?

[ Edited ]

As long as there is no damage or  manufacturing flaws, it ends up being the same as if you bought in a dept store . I'm waiting for 2 items to come back into stock as they've been on waitlist . So as long as they are in top rate condition , I'd be happy to receive the items .

Frequent Contributor

@skatting44 Thanks for getting back to me.  What do you mean the same as if you bought it in a department store?  Where has it been all this time?  Not bought by someone else, just kind of in back stock somewhere?

Respected Contributor

It may have been a return just as items sold from a B and M store may have been a return. An as is item implies a defect although that is not always true. At any rate, you can return it within 30 days if you don't like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I think your coat was on wait list waiting for returns to come in ... someone bought it & changed their mind & returned it right after Christmas... unless I really loved the coat I would never order a winter coat at this time of year .... the spring stuff will be out before you know it ..... it’s all up to you ..... Happy New Year 🎈 

Honored Contributor

I agree with @chessylady sometimes things are returned after only trying them on and they didn't fit, just like a B&M stores where things are 'tried on', and immediately return/exchange it.

If it was out of stock for awhile, it could be that it was restocked.

One way to test that theory is to pull up the coat and if it's still showing 'in stock', try to add multiples of it in your size to your cart. if multiples are available, it was likely restocked.

As she said, if you feel that it's not satisfactory, it's covered under Q's usual return policy and can be returned as 'defective/used' with free return shipping.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

"As is" items are defined in the CS section and do not include returns. I've gotten dozens of returned items over the years and they've  always been in pristine condition.  QvC could also have received additional stock.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@janesilver wrote:

@skatting44 Thanks for getting back to me.  What do you mean the same as if you bought it in a department store?  Where has it been all this time?  Not bought by someone else, just kind of in back stock somewhere?

Brick & Mortar  store returns can arrive  much later , depending on when  a return is received . Some stores have 2 wk return policy and some stores are more lax in  accepting returns  weeks later . Also, many yrs ago when I worked retail  we would  receive some merchandise from other stores . Clothes that were  on mannequins for dispaly might  be missed placed and then found on a rack .

Esteemed Contributor

On waitlist I have always received a new item.  Whe you choose waitlist a box pops up that it will be shipped when available.  You had to have clicked on it.

Honored Contributor

I always heard waitlist was a return unless it was a new color ordered.  As is was worn by a host or model on air.