Honored Contributor

Re: price for shirts is very high

[ Edited ]

I get all my t-shirts at either Hanes or Landsend or JCP.

Today from JPC online - I picked up four Liz Claiborne shirts - less than $20 each on sale, plus 6% rebate, and 3% bank card points.

ETA:  plus free shipping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I scored in the lunchtime specials section today, I got 2 white D&Co. rounded v-neck short sleeve pocket tees for $12.35 each. They will be nice to have, I'm very happy! I too am more of a clearance shopper as long as there is quality in the piece.

eta~ The white tees will go cute with the palm leaf TSV Beach Pants I also ordered today, when changing up the looks. Excited about those too!!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I guess they don't have to justify their prices any more than Dooney & Bourke has to or Jo Malone or Tom Ford.

If the peopel shopping for these brands feel like they are getting the worth of the price that they are paying, that is justification for the price.

I used to love to shop & could always be counted on to pick up a great bargain because I was out enough that I frequently caught sales/clearance prices on things I could use.

When my Mom was diagnosed with dementia & her husband died, my sister & I began that ordeal.

At the same time my daughter & DIL started having babies.

D&C & Sport Savvy had worked for me &, at the time, they were not unreasonably priced. About $20 a piece & combined shipping. Free returns.

The prices have almost doubled on D&C & the cost to return if something doesn't work=$10 or so to try something on.

I know I could find less expensive things, but I do feel that the quality is much higher than the quality that I find at Kohls, Macys, Penneys, etc.

I get one season out of those things & I wear my D&C pieces for years. 

So I agree that the prices are higher than I prefer to pay & I don't buy as often or as quickly as I used to.

But, the quality & convenience are definitely there for me.

Esteemed Contributor

In the past and still I have bo ught from Blair and Haband. I will not pay the price and wait to see if on the specials here. I also do not care for the designs most of the time.  It must cost alot to have different channels and so they might need the money.  

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

I guess they don't have to justify their prices any more than Dooney & Bourke has to or Jo Malone or Tom Ford.

If the peopel shopping for these brands feel like they are getting the worth of the price that they are paying, that is justification for the price.

I used to love to shop & could always be counted on to pick up a great bargain because I was out enough that I frequently caught sales/clearance prices on things I could use.

When my Mom was diagnosed with dementia & her husband died, my sister & I began that ordeal.

At the same time my daughter & DIL started having babies.

D&C & Sport Savvy had worked for me &, at the time, they were not unreasonably priced. About $20 a piece & combined shipping. Free returns.

The prices have almost doubled on D&C & the cost to return if something doesn't work=$10 or so to try something on.

I know I could find less expensive things, but I do feel that the quality is much higher than the quality that I find at Kohls, Macys, Penneys, etc.

I get one season out of those things & I wear my D&C pieces for years. 

So I agree that the prices are higher than I prefer to pay & I don't buy as often or as quickly as I used to.

But, the quality & convenience are definitely there for me.

@Dusty1   My experience with a D&B handbag and Tom Ford products is that the quality and longevity far exceeds that of D&Co but I don't buy either any longer.  I have retired and my money has to be spent more frgually.

Contributor

I totally agree. Just bought  4 Croft and Barrow tees for less than one Denim and Co tee plus I got Kohls cash. The V in QVC used to mean value but sadle no longer.

Occasional Contributor

I have been thinking the same thing about the clothes on QVC.  I shop very carefully on QVC now.  I look for Lunchtime specials and primetime specials.  I also keep an eye out for Today"s Special Value's as well.  

I find that Christopher & Banks has good sales as well as Talbots', Kohl's. Macy's, JC Penney and sometimes J Jill.  I bought two pair of pants at Christopher & Banks buy one get one for $10.  Two pairs of pants for $64.95. I always look for free shipping as well.  That's the one thing QVC rarely offers. 

Happy Shoping!

Esteemed Contributor

I am, always been, and always will be a bargain shopper.  there are so many opportunities out there!  Without sacrificing quality, I might add.

I know there are some people who have funds to disregard high prices.  A fact of life.  But consider that QVC depends on “easy pay,” which exists for a reason.  That is a good idea for very expensive items or for buying quantities of items for potential gifts.  I wonder how many would buy an overpriced clothing item without the “easy pay” option.

I think so many would be shocked to find out how many people with substantial funds are bargain shoppers.  That’s how these people managed to save and invest and continue frugal spending habits.  

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

They had a cute Denim and Co jean jacket with embroidered daisies on it, it was $68.50. People can spend whatever they want on clothes, but for me personally that is way out of whack. I could find a similar or better quality denim jacket for a much better price. I'm a bargain shopper on a budget.

I agree... I purchased a D and C Jean jacket...but truthfully was not happy with the fit.  The fabric was too heavy and the arms were too big.  Should have sent it back...but waited too long and the cost of return shipping is just too much.  I will donate to Goodwill eventually.   I ended up going to Boscovs and found the perfect jacket.  I really like the Democracy brand.  The fit is great and the fabric is very nice.  They have great sales...so as a bargain shopper too....it was worth making the trip to the store. 

Honored Contributor

@tockerman  I shop at JJill sales.  The price is reduced and then there is 30% or 40% off the sale price.  I have purchased tee shirts for $12 and not just once.

kindness is strength