Respected Contributor

151949, not to change the topic but what even looks more classy is when these ladies come to a dressy affair and they prance in with these leggings and a top that you can see through and they have all these tattoos on their back. I guess some people think they look beautiful no matter what they wear. But the comments we hear are not nice by men and other women.

Honored Contributor

I have never been a fan of leggings on any size woman. I am tired of seeing them worn everywhere. I am also tired of hosts saying we all have them and we all need them -  not true. Oh, well, as I mentioned in the Logo thread - style is personal, and in this case leggings are not my style. 

Esteemed Contributor

My hubby has a saying when he sees someone wearing something too tight and revealing...."She's trying to put 20 pounds of potatoes in a 10 pound bag"....LOL

Honored Contributor

The OP has to recycle old topics - LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.

I'm smart enough to look in a mirror and know what looks horrid on me.

Sorry but we'll be the judge of that!  Since you are all about judging how others look and making pronouncements about it.

OK - you have never seen me and know nothing at all about how I look but deem yourself better able, to judge my looks than I am ??? Interesting !

@151949you give clues about how you look when you post reviews and mention body size like you did in the Joan Rivers plaid big shirt review.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.

I'm smart enough to look in a mirror and know what looks horrid on me.

Sorry but we'll be the judge of that!  Since you are all about judging how others look and making pronouncements about it.

OK - you have never seen me and know nothing at all about how I look but deem yourself better able, to judge my looks than I am ??? Interesting !

My point is that that is what you are doing to women with this thread.  You are judging people you don't know and have never seen.  Don't you get that?  You judge our looks all the time and never get the point you just accused me of doing.  

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

151949, not to change the topic but what even looks more classy is when these ladies come to a dressy affair and they prance in with these leggings and a top that you can see through and they have all these tattoos on their back. I guess some people think they look beautiful no matter what they wear. But the comments we hear are not nice by men and other women.

If these women could only be aware of what others think when they see them! But then sooner keeps telling me I have no right to judge anyone else -- like she doesn't do the same thing.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

FWIW you started a thread just like this, about tunics not covering the hinterlands, a year or so ago HH

Some things need to be repeated.

Super Contributor
Plus women with small legs and a tummy look like a lollipop in leggings. On the other hand, large thighs don't look good in such a skin tight garment. I am 66, not fat. I only wear leggings with tops almost to my knee. I like that look, but that's my rule for me concerning leggings. Sometimes comfort needs to be redirected, maybe to knit pants
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@cater wrote:

If these women could only be aware of what others think when they see them! But then sooner keeps telling me I have no right to judge anyone else -- like she doesn't do the same thing.

Sorry, but I will express opinions about clothing, but not in the tone you typically use, or about people or groups of people and what they look like, or should and shouldn't all wear.  You insult people all the time.  Individually and as a group.  You hone on people and not the clothing items themselves.