Honored Contributor

The women in those pics look as though they're wearing pantyhose, not leggings or tights.  They're sheer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

151949, I am on board with you on this one. We do alot of events and are totally blown out of our minds with what some so called ladies walk into these events. Trust me when I say that we think some people see something hanging on a hanger, take it home squeeze them selves into it and out the door they go with out ever looking in a mirror to see just how bad they look. We see and hear all kinds of comments about these so called in style fashions. So agree with you because you can does mean you should if you have any respect for your self. By the way you will never ever see my fat chubby legs wearing those leggings. 

Respected Contributor

Years ago i attended a happy hour with my husband and some of his friends and wives/girlfriends. The topic of leggings came up, this was during the first time around of their popularity. Based on the comments from those guys about leggings and some of the women in the bar wearing them, I never ever will put on leggings EVER!

I dress for myself and not for ANY man, I would look OK in leggings, yet based on all those comments, I won't be caught dead in them.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I worked at a large anchor store at the mall.  You wouldn't believe who came TO WORK in leggins as well as customers walking through!

Esteemed Contributor

I guess the definition of leggings means different things to different folks .. or maybe its defined by the label? By that I mean the leggings that WIC or JJill offer are not so thin as to be like tights. To me, footless tights are not pants. WIC leggings are pants. At least that's my opinion.

I personally do not wear leggings anywhere in public unless I am out for a run... but even then I prefer a bootcut, yoga style pants. I have heard comments by men about the too tight pants worn by many ... and generally speaking, these men do not say complimentary things ... no matter what size or age the woman might be.

No I am not saying to pick your clothes for a man ... although I do like looking nice for my man. But I am saying that if women think men love to see their women (wives and daughters) in tight pants like leggings, they perhaps are not getting the *truth* of how their man really feels.

As for clothes size/body size, I am not about saying women shouldn't wear something because they are thin or not so thin. As far as I am concerned ... wear what you want. BUT as someone else wrote and what I firmly believe, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I might be able to fit in those jeans I wore in college ... doesn't mean I should wrear them. Smiley Happy 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

I've NEVER seen a plus size woman look good in leggings. Leggings look BEST on women who have a small rear and THIN legs.

Honored Contributor

l think leggings can look presentable on any body type if they are dark and thick, and worn with a long, relaxed-fitting tunic. Otherwise, they look like exercise-wear, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.

I'm smart enough to look in a mirror and know what looks horrid on me.

Sorry but we'll be the judge of that!  Since you are all about judging how others look and making pronouncements about it.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.

I'm smart enough to look in a mirror and know what looks horrid on me.

Sorry but we'll be the judge of that!  Since you are all about judging how others look and making pronouncements about it.

OK - you have never seen me and know nothing at all about how I look but deem yourself better able, to judge my looks than I am ??? Interesting !

Honored Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

@cater wrote:

151949, I am on board with you on this one. We do alot of events and are totally blown out of our minds with what some so called ladies walk into these events. Trust me when I say that we think some people see something hanging on a hanger, take it home squeeze them selves into it and out the door they go with out ever looking in a mirror to see just how bad they look. We see and hear all kinds of comments about these so called in style fashions. So agree with you because you can does mean you should if you have any respect for your self. By the way you will never ever see my fat chubby legs wearing those leggings. 

Cater - you said it all - if you have any respect  for yourself. 

We don't see them here in Florida so they aren't really a trend here, between the temps  and the population being older ladies they just aren't popular here. I really don't see them til we go to Pitts.