Honored Contributor

I got my woman within catalog yesterday and it had pages of leggings in it - what sensible plus size woman who owns a mirror would think they should wear leggings? 

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

I think leggings are fine if you're wearing something long enough to cover up the "stuff" that the world doesn't need to see. Heavy thighs, large rear bumpers, etc. aren't really something to show off.  But even if you're a 20 year old, you should check yourself out leaning over before you leave the house.  Some of the sights I've seen belong in a WalMart people video - even on very attractive younger women. 

Carmie is abaolutely right.  LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS!!!

I am addiing that worn with a dress or very long tunic, leggings can appear to be black "stocking" type clothing as opposed to "outerwear".  I would never wear leggings and I still have a rather decent shape for an older lady. 

Honored Contributor

Not all people are built alike.  Some may wear plus sizes for larger waist, broad shoulders or other reasons NOT related to even great legs or butt.  You are making an assumption about size and body shape and level of fitness that you simply can't support.

I have seen some terrible looking skinny people in leggings, and some larger women who look great in them.  It is pretty judgmental to talk about any group of people as a whole.  

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I think leggings are fine if you're wearing something long enough to cover up the "stuff" that the world doess't need to see. Heavy thight, large rear bumpers, etc. aren't really something to show off.  But even if you're a 20 year old, you should check yourself out leaning over before you leave the house.  Some of the sights I've seen belong in a WalMart people video - even on very attractive younger women. 

I'm sorry , but i disagree about wearing leggings with long tops being fine - it may look ok standing in front of the mirror but as we live through the day we move and bend etc and those tops shift around, exposing exactly what you don't want to be seen.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I think those photos are photoshopped.  I see a lot of leggings in public but I've seldom, if ever, seen flesh color ones.

If a woman is comfortable enough with her body to wear leggings, who am I to say she should not?

As for the size issue, I am at the other end of the size spectrum but know plus size women who have thinner legs and bottom than I do. I see plenty of women in black leggings, long tops and boots that look fine.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Sorry, I think those photos are photoshopped.  I see a lot of leggings in public but I've seldom, if ever, seen flesh color ones.

If a woman is comfortable enough with her body to wear leggings, who am I to say she should not?

As for the size issue, I am at the other end of the size spectrum but know plus size women who have thinner legs and bottom than I do. I see plenty of women in black leggings, long tops and boots that look fine.

Agree 100% that those pics are photoshopped. 

And I agree with the rest of your post as well @lulu2.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I think leggings are fine if you're wearing something long enough to cover up the "stuff" that the world doess't need to see. Heavy thight, large rear bumpers, etc. aren't really something to show off.  But even if you're a 20 year old, you should check yourself out leaning over before you leave the house.  Some of the sights I've seen belong in a WalMart people video - even on very attractive younger women. 

I'm sorry , but i disagree about wearing leggings with long tops being fine - it may look ok standing in front of the mirror but as we live through the day we move and bend etc and those tops shift around, exposing exactly what you don't want to be seen.

So then I can logically assume that you think most women should only wear pants and not dresses either?  You see the same amount of leg, even more depending on the type of hose, in a dress as you do wearing a nice pair of leggings with a long top.

Honored Contributor

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.