Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

If a heavier woman wants to wear them, let her and don't bash her for it.  Larger women have feelings too.

Why do people think they have the right to criticize people who are larger?   

Wouldn't it dawn on you that if I am getting the Woman Within catalog that I must be a plus size too?

@151949, no, it wouldn't necessarily dawn on someone that you are a plus size because you received a Woman Within catalog. I receive them also, and I am size 0-4. Had you said you "ordered" from that catalog, it would have been clearer for many.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

If a heavier woman wants to wear them, let her and don't bash her for it.  Larger women have feelings too.

Wouldn't it dawn on you that if I am getting the Woman Within catalog that I must be a plus size too?

@151949, no, it wouldn't necessarily dawn on someone that you are a plus size because you received a Woman Within catalog. I receive them also, and I am size 0-4. Had you said you "ordered" from that catalog, it would have been clearer for many.

woman Within catalog starts at size 14. enough said.no reason whatever for a size 0-4 to read it. clearly you are just trying to be arguementative.

Honored Contributor

Give it a rest.  Please.

Honored Contributor

Receiving a catalog is no indication that you yourself are within a given size range.  I've ordered gifts for a relative from the catalog in question. I now receive it along with other plus size catalogs.

I pass these catalogs along to a neighbor.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

woman Within catalog starts at size 14. enough said.no reason whatever for a size 0-4 to read it. clearly you are just trying to b@e arguementative.

@151949, I am not trying to be argumentative. I read a lot, even the WW catalogs when they arrive. Your comment about "wouldn't it dawn on you" seems much more argumentative and condescending to me.

ETA: Saw too late but, yes, @brii, I will give it a rest! Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack, that wasn't meant for you. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Time and a place for everything, even leggings. I wear them at home to relax in. I wear them out and about with a LONG oversweater (think the Halston TSV) over a long tunic and flats (I'm over 6ft so long means mid thigh for me.

I see women wearing them about and it's pretty obvious that they did not look in the mirror OR someone sadly told them they looked great before they left the house. But a person that makes me think "Oh no" is another persons "You look nice, mom" so... who am I to judge.