Honored Contributor

I would much prefer seeing a plus-size woman wear leggings than pictures posted on this thread of bare rear ends.  What respect has one woman for another if one thinks posting such is responsible.  I see it as an affront to all women, and there was and is no reason to post such.  This is a family site and the fact that this was posted here causes me to question the monitors here but having said that, there are far worse things than what people wear but what some post here and call it rated P.

Respected Contributor

Re: plus sizes and leggings

[ Edited ]

The only way to regard this thread is to laugh and picture the stereotype of several old curmudgeons sitting on a porch, smoking corncob pipes, arguing with each other over nothing  just to kill time,  and commenting---not always positively-- on the people walking by. 

Well, this is the ladies' version of that stereotype, except the critics are relaxing in armchairs and thinking up insulting things to write about people they don't know and clothing they admit they don't wear.  So you have to wonder why they care enough to post "fashion don'ts" type of photos.  Oh well........it's good for a laugh, anyway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@namealreadytaken wrote:

I would much prefer seeing a plus-size woman wear leggings than pictures posted on this thread of bare rear ends.  What respect has one woman for another if one thinks posting such is responsible.  I see it as an affront to all women, and there was and is no reason to post such.  This is a family site and the fact that this was posted here causes me to question the monitors here but having said that, there are far worse things than what people wear but what some post here and call it rated P.

There have been no such pictures posted. The pictures are all of women wearing leggings that are too tight and a poor color choice. Look at the one in the lower left. She's an African American woman with peach leggings. Look at the ankles of the women in the black top with the X back straps - you can see where her leggings end at her ankles. None of those women are bare, they are just wearing leggings that make them look like they are.

Honored Contributor

My husband recently put me in my place, gently, when I complained about a very large woman in skin tight jeggings that showed every lump and bump..

He simply stated 'maybe she likes the way she looks? Or her husband or boyfriend likes it?'

the bottomline is that it's really none our business is it? (that doesn't mean I'm still not conflicted)

Honored Contributor

I posted the pictures and you are right.  The pictures are very offensive.  

What I find even more offensive is the fact that these women even wore these natural skin tone colored leggings out in public and the fact that I see women everyday wearing leggings this tight.  Most of the leggings I see are black but they still show too much.

I don't care if women look good in leggings or not.  They aren't pants and are not to be worn as such.

I was shopping in Macy's last weekend and a young beautiful yery dark sales girl was wearing black leggings that were way up in wedgie land... Both in the front and back She was wearing a cute black moto jacket and she was built like a Victorias Secret model.  She looked nude from the waist down.  Not a good look on anyone.  If I was her super, she would have been sent home to change.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered a pair of Dream Jeannes leggings.  They are nice and thick and don't show any lumps and bumps.  I'm in the process of losing weight (once again) and it is my goal to be able to wear these leggings with high boots and an appropriate length top for my family Christmas gathering.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If a heavier woman wants to wear them, let her and don't bash her for it.  Larger women have feelings too.

Why do people think they have the right to criticize people who are larger?   

Respected Contributor

I am very much a plus size lady & have been dying to wear legging (only with LONG tunis top. I ordered capri leggings from Woman Within this summer. I wore them with a tunic top, as stated above. I was not uncomfortable wearing them at all & believe me I am VERY self concious of my looks  in tight clothing. I went back & ordered anohter long pr for winter. I loved then & the look so much, I ordered 2 more pr. SO comfortable! I see nothing wrong with plus size women wearing leggings (or whatever) as ling as they look decent & feel confident. Glad I saw this thread!

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I am very much a plus size lady & have been dying to wear legging (only with LONG tunis top. I ordered capri leggings from Woman Within this summer. I wore them with a tunic top, as stated above. I was not uncomfortable wearing them at all & believe me I am VERY self concious of my looks  in tight clothing. I went back & ordered anohter long pr for winter. I loved then & the look so much, I ordered 2 more pr. SO comfortable! I see nothing wrong with plus size women wearing leggings (or whatever) as ling as they look decent & feel confident. Glad I saw this thread!

@TX-starlight, good for you! I bet you look beautiful, especially with all that confidence shining through. Fashion is meant to be enjoyed, and it's nice to see you enjoying it! Woman Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

If a heavier woman wants to wear them, let her and don't bash her for it.  Larger women have feelings too.

Why do people think they have the right to criticize people who are larger?   

Wouldn't it dawn on you that if I am getting the Woman Within catalog that I must be a plus size too?