Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

Some people are better at deluding themselves about things than others - for instance, people who "think" they've grown wiser over the years.  Have at it, you may fool yourself, but your words don't fool anyone else.

I'm smart enough to look in a mirror and know what looks horrid on me.

Respected Contributor

FWIW you started a thread just like this, about tunics not covering the hinterlands, a year or so ago HH

Respected Contributor

Reality is on a comment/post like this, many respond to the poster and not the topic!

That said - I agree with both sides - with the statement just because you can doesn't mean you should. I know many plus- size ladies who have great self-esteem so to them that means wear whatever they wish..and when they do..

I often think they must not have a mirror at home...then the other side is maybe they do have a mirror at home and just don't care. That too is all about individual choice. 

I fully admit at times I can be as judgmental as the next..and it is hard not to miss the ladies/young girls etc who pour themselves into leggings with a  tight form fitting t-shirt. Showing every glob and lump known to man..not a very flattering look.  Same as jeans being so tight they have muffin top hanging over with a low cut tight t-shirt...very common with the younger set.

You can take a nice legging and wear it with a long sweater, nice scarf and boots and look great no matter what size..then you have the flip side of leggings with a shirt that does no favors.

Respected Contributor

Leggings are okay as long as you wear the appropriate top.  Some larger women have shapely legs and some some smaller women have a larger calf and thigh.  I think we all know what looks good on us and what doesn't.  I totally think these photos have been doctored. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I'll use the same answer hewre as the LOGO top thread - those of us who have grown wiser over the years will be keeping our money. If you want to wear leggings - have at it. As has been said here many times - just because you can does not mean you should. 

My guess is that you may be unfortunately unable to look good in them and are jealous of those of us who, like me, look fabulous.  I am sorry for you if that is the case. . . You seem quite bothered by a few clothing issues, and it must be difficult.  I am glad you can find things you like here on QVC.  I think they are pretty good about having something to appeal to most people.  I wish I could wear high high heels but my feet won't let me! 

Respected Contributor

Imagine that, the OP complaining about what someone else is wearing.

As for looking in the mirror, mismatched plaids are never a good look.

Esteemed Contributor

On the topic of the pics being doctored, who knows? I do remember very well a couple of years ago on HSN Serena had some tights in a very fleshy tone and that color was discussed at length in the reviews. Comments about looking like they had nothing on. I think Katia or Monica or Adei could probably pull the color off because it would contrast with their skin tone. Me wearing that color? Never! One of the reasons I lift weights and do hot yoga is so that I can wear tights/leggings without regret. I think I'm getting a waft of that wine around here made from sour grapes.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Gosh, this thread leapt off the page at me, because I just finished ordering my second set of item A335335---fleece-lined leggings by Muk Luk.

Was skeptical of these at first, but have  been wearing the first pairs I received all week and they look and feel great, both alone with a long top and under a pair of pants.  They're very silky and smooth........not at all like they sound.

I'm certainly no plus-sized woman, but anyone who says I should be wiser at my age than to wear leggings with a long top is passing judgment on a fashion trend that seems to be sticking around.  I've never been considered a fashion idiot, either, but  AM too smart to criticize what others choose to wear while I sit far away in a comfy chair where no one can see what duds I might be wearing that day.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Unfortunately, not everyone is as wise as you are.  Sigh.  

Respected Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

Reality is on a comment/post like this, many respond to the poster and not the topic!

That said - I agree with both sides - with the statement just because you can doesn't mean you should. I know many plus- size ladies who have great self-esteem so to them that means wear whatever they wish..and when they do..

I often think they must not have a mirror at home...then the other side is maybe they do have a mirror at home and just don't care. That too is all about individual choice. 

I fully admit at times I can be as judgmental as the next..and it is hard not to miss the ladies/young girls etc who pour themselves into leggings with a  tight form fitting t-shirt. Showing every glob and lump known to man..not a very flattering look.  Same as jeans being so tight they have muffin top hanging over with a low cut tight t-shirt...very common with the younger set.

You can take a nice legging and wear it with a long sweater, nice scarf and boots and look great no matter what size..then you have the flip side of leggings with a shirt that does no favors.

Wow.  OK, YOU don't like their look in their chosen fashion, that doesn't mean THEY have looked in the mirror and just don't care!  It means they looked in the mirror and THEY liked what they saw.  Imagine that, people with different ideas about what looks good.