Trusted Contributor

order changed from in stock to waitlist???

when i ordered the tsv it said 'in stock' but now i checked under my orders & it changed to 'waitlist'? is this a common thing that happens now on the q?Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Re: order changed from in stock to waitlist???

@alohakz 

They need a better system for tracking inventory. I think it happens more often than it should and it's not just QVC

I don't know if the rack is running on the same system as Nordstrom but I've always been impressed that the inventory comes from wherever it is available and not a warehouse. They clearly keep track of inventory across the many retail stores.

Meanwhile I just got an email from the rack saying sorry but we don't have your jeans! I'm not getting them at all!

Trusted Contributor

This happened to me a few weeks ago with a Kim Gravel top. I ordered it about two minutes into the presentation (and it was a long presentation) I immediately got my confirmation email. The next day I got my your order has been shipped email. I was pretty impressed. Two days later I got an email saying my order would be late with a new delivery date. Okay, no biggie. Where am I going? Then came the email saying it was on backorder. A week later it was on my front porch with no email saying it was coming. I have to say, I laughed. Of course had it been a gift or something I was going to wear for a special occasion ( remember those?) I would not have been laughing. What a long, strange year it's been.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if having items available to preorder days before throws off the inventory count. You wouldn't think so, but backordered and waitlisted seems a common reoccurring complaint.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had items flip back and forth from 'backorder' to 'waitlist'...

Respected Contributor

I have had the same thing happen and changed to back order. I had 2 items do this but I got them both yesterday on a Sunday by the post office.