Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Comparing someone who doesn't care for dirty nails to a racist is rich.

Honored Contributor

Seems as though many of the more tenured hosts have started packing on the pounds.  Not too surprising since it's a struggle we all face.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

"Not to be mean, but..." you're going to be anyway!  It reminds me of when someone says "I don't mean to be rude, but..." and you just know that whatever she's about to say is going to be rude, rude, rude.  And that she meant every word!  Woman Mad

I don't find the OP's comment rude at all.  Realistic perhaps but not rude.  I find that people here have a skewed definition of rudeness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

Comparing someone who doesn't care for dirty nails to a racist is rich.

Did I miss something? Where do you see that comparison?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Valued Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

Spanx make me feel hot...and not in good way.  Soooooo.....I might look lumpy and bumpy sometimes too.

I find all shape wear very painful in my lower back, so I won't wear it. The compression fabric isn't designed to be selective. Also, very little stays in place. It rolls and rides up. Lastly, my bustline is far more generous than any shapewear can handle, even the ones with "cutouts for bras."

That and any non-breathable fabric causes a massive skin reaction.

Valued Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I agree that it should be a requirement for a host to be clean and well put-together; however, I do not think hosts need to be thin and "lump and bump-free".  Whereas I think I look fine when I stand still in front of a mirror, sometimes when I catch my reflection in a mirror while I'm in motion, I am shocked and the rolls that seem to pop up in my mid-section!  I am 61 yrs old! Normal size, not thin or heavy. They are just part of the body at this stage, like it or not. And I would hate to think I have to be in spanx just to please others!

Love this. We are so obsessed with being a thin-centric society while deluged with obesogenic lifestyles. The normal, average and healthy woman is neither a mannequin nor a clothes hanger. And why should we have flat bellies? A woman's abdomen houses so many more organs than a man's does. Why smoosh them as though ashamed? The original statues of Venus and Aphrodite were not of skinny chicks. They were of voluptuous females with full, rounded bellies.

Respected Contributor

Okay,a little off topic, but when they present food,especially bbq ribs and chocolates,all the food under their fingernails kind of grosses me out. I wonder what they do with all the food they pick apart during a show???? Nevermind, David V. is in the house!!! LOL, I like David so don't attack me :-)

Trusted Contributor

Re: not to be mean, but....

[ Edited ]

I think the worst is all the wild different color nails. They should be in a soft color so not to take away from the jewelry or what ever they are handling, like food. The hosts always look good. Some odd clothing mixture a few have. Need to be professional.

They are sales people not your best friend. A few should have a speech coach. There seems to be no standard what is required on how they look or act. Like throwing a expensive hand bag when sold out. Real classy!!

Respected Contributor

Some "opinions" are better off left unsaid and kept to yourself.  The fact that it's an opinion and your entitled to it does not mean you have to broadcast it, esp if nothing good comes of it.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

"Not to be mean, but"........the epitome of passive agressive!

My first thought as well.

thumbs-down-emoticon.gif (48×48)