Honored Contributor

Just not satisfied with much of the clothing ,that is  being made, too much poly, not made well,  just my opinion.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: not liking so much clothing

@goldensrbest 

That's why I wait for sales and only buy what's been marked down.  

I was just shortening some D&Co original waist pants and was surprised at the shoddy work ...  the hem was all bunched up at the seams on both sides of the leg.

And, it wasn't some once-off problem ... both pairs had the same messy hems.

-------------------------------------------------

@goldensrbest wrote:

Just not satisfied with much of the clothing ,that is  being made, too much poly, not made well,  just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Yes,only buy sale items, things are just not made well.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

And way overpriced.  Yes, wait for sales.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    Exactly, but my opinion is based on walking through the stores in the mall near me where I have always bought the majority of my clothing.  Nothing I wanted.  No wonder the retailetrs are so overloaded with old inventory.   

New stuff I don't really love is not nearly as good as what I already own.

So far this year, my total bill covering Nordstrom, Blooingdale's, Chico's, Talbots, and Saks is under $45.00!.  Bought one NYDJ's poly top on deep sale in January.  Everything else I have spent in that mall went to Sears for a wall of appliances.

I am so glad I no longer need to dress to go to work 5 days a week.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've been wearing my old clothes, that are cotton, linen, even blends and old Denim & Co that never wears out. 
   In stores locally the tags don't even say what they're made of or I haven't heard of it. 
  I want to throw them in the washer and dryer and not hand wash or line dry.

I've given only a few items to the needy because I don't work now and since the pandemic seldom even go out to lunch!  Old K mart and Rose's tops and shorts have lasted over 20 years and still look great! 
     👚 👗 🩱 🪡🧵😒

Esteemed Contributor

I'm just surprised at Graver designs. Her poly print tops look so old fashion. When I see her prints I always think they're just like my mom wore for years. And I think we'll see Joggers on sale for years and years. I will not buy anymore joggers, tunics, fit and flare tops or those with unusual hems.  No more pj's called lounge or leisure wear. 

Super Contributor

I really like what I have in my closet, and what I have is plenty.  Plenty of hoodies.  Plenty of jeans and loads of black pants.  Plenty of sweaters. Plenty of coats and jackets.  Plenty of cocktail and dinner attire.  Plenty of tops.  Plenty of sleepwear.   So far, I have seen nothing better than I have.  And, the prices?  I am thinking very carefully before I hit the "order" button.  I will likely buy a few new items this fall from my favorite Q fashion vendors, but looking at the new vendors, there is nothing special or unique.  From what I see, the new vendors target a younger demographic than myself.  

Honored Contributor

@febe1 

I agree w/you re SG's prints.  Boring ....

These days, I'm more attracted to LOGO, Tolani and Attitudes.  

-------------------------------------------

@febe1 wrote:

I'm just surprised at Graver designs. Her poly print tops look so old fashion. When I see her prints I always think they're just like my mom wore for years. And I think we'll see Joggers on sale for years and years. I will not buy anymore joggers, tunics, fit and flare tops or those with unusual hems.  No more pj's called lounge or leisure wear. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

J Jill regularly has sales if you like linen.

Also, there is a very nice ladies casual catalog called Appleseeds.  You might want to visit their site.