Esteemed Contributor

Re: new shipping refund procedure?

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

I did notice this when I had to exchange a jacket for a different size.  They charged me $6.95 for using their label for an exchange.  I wasn't happy about that.  I will be using usps more often should I need to return anything.  

I have to check my statement carefully this month.  Q  sent an exchange  back to me becasue it was beyond the holiday timeframe. All I wanted was a different  size  for an in-stock item-  never worn!   I don't think they recharged  shipping, but I'll double check.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did find this on my cc statement as well but that was because the warehouse was taking an unusually long time to process an item that had been delivered for many days and no action had been taken on it.  I called c/s and they put through the credit and were happy to do it.  Along comes the warehouse and bills me for the $6.95.  I called c/s and it was reversed.  Had I just waited for the warehouse I would not have been billed separately for $6.95.  They need to backoff when c/s takes over.  There's definitely a disconnect between the 2 departments and it's annoying as heck. 

New Contributor

I just purchased 3 pair of pants on 4 easy pay they were not sized as sizing chart.  They usually prorate shipping by 4 as that is what you were charged.  It cost me a total of $15.59 to return this order.  I called to see why and they changed their policy again on 2/26 and they are calling it a restocking fee.  Beware of all the charges and I told them good luck on keeping their customers.

I returned two things in one bag and checked with the post office that the $6.95 was sufficient.  I was told it was.  But QVC charged me that twice.  I also did not get the original shipping charges returned so I called.  The customer service person I got acted like I was stupid and said I should have read the return label and I would have known.  Before I realized this I sent back a pair of boots and wound up payin $18 just to try them on. Then I really did feel stupid for dealing with QVC.  They did not make this public.  You get caught in a bad situation and then learn you are going to pay both sides of the shipping.

I will not buy from them again.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

IMO  shipping is way too expensive here.  If you decide not to keep something, it will cost anywhere fromn $8 -12 dollars just for TRYING something.  Needless to say I have really slowed down on my purchases.  I guess that is good for me but not for QVC!

ITA

I buy less and less from QVC mainly due to shipping and handling.  I think it's disgusting how they charge so much for one to try on a piece when the sizing is so inconsistent.  I've bought an XS Logo top that is too small and the SAME logo top in a different color in xs that is huge.  Puhhhhleeeze

They'd have far fewer returns if sizing was consistent just WITHIN A LINE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

They have been doing this for months now.  When you return and use their label they credit for the item then turn around and charge you the $6.95 to your credit card you used.  I think this is a terrible way to do this. Just deduct it from the refund. 

Contributor

I've just discovered this on multiple orders. I'm going to have to go back and check the last several months. 

Contributor

I have been a serious shopper with QVC since the days of Kathy Levine, the marriage & break-up of Jeff & Judy and when Pat was just Pat James-however,  unless something is done about the S&H, I am about done.  My husband had a stroke in November and all my Christmas shopping had to be ordered--I did not incurr one charge for shipping from any companies from which I ordered--having a large family, I have always found it very convenient to purchase gifts from QVC--I have always understood return charges, but when it costs half of what you return--it's a little too much for me