Honored Contributor

Re: new shipping refund procedure?

@Ibby114 wrote:

I refuse to use Q's shipping label!!! It's much pricier than usps- and the actual shipping is SLOW as anything. usps.com includes free tracking too-  I spend half the amount with usps.com and it gets to Q faster. win win!

@Ibby114

Me too! I think I used it once when they first started it, but when I saw how long it took to get a refund, I said forget it!

I too, found that I saved more at USPS with their free $50 insurance with priority mail and as you said, free tracking.

Many times I watched the tracking on a return, saw that it was received, but if not credited by a couple of days later, called CS and requested my refund.

Once I gave them my tracking # to verify they had received it, I received my credit immediately.

It's the only way I go.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The procedure actually makes some sense to me from a bookkeeping/accounting point of view - but it's one more thing to keep track of on my end.Woman Sad

So glad I don't buy much at all that needs to be returned.  I don't even like making returns in person where I don't need to pack and mail.  The good thing is that my laziness keeps me now from buying impulsively so I can avoid them.

Honored Contributor

I did notice this when I had to exchange a jacket for a different size.  They charged me $6.95 for using their label for an exchange.  I wasn't happy about that.  I will be using usps more often should I need to return anything.  

Valued Contributor

Oh, wow; I don't like this.  Will be much harder to reconcile statement.  Thank you for the heads up.  So now our refund for the item is going to be what we paid, less upfront shipping, and then there will be an additional $6.95 charge??  Seems like more room for error and overcharge doing this way; guess we'll see.

Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@2blonde I believe they are doing away with the spendable kash for return shipping on the other channel, at least I think that is the new policy.

@ajsidney12  As a "VIP" HSN Card user, they give me $5.00 spendable Kash if I use the return label to return an eligible item.  This is in addition to refunding the original shipping.  Since the return label is usually $6.95, that means it will only cost me $1.95 to order and return an item.  They will do this for a total of 6 returns in a year, which is no problem for me because I seldom return anything.  I think this is a pretty good deal!

@2blonde While I am a card holder, I am no "VIP" member so I don't get that "feature" I guess now that the rules changed.

Regular Contributor

Finally received refund today after 2 weeks of using their label to ship it back. Living in NJ this is unreal. Shipping label charge was deducted from my bank card  4 days ago. My friend works for accounting firm  and she said this is more common now since company can hold onto your money alittle longer! Now I will only use USPS for returns! Makes you think twice before purchasing since the hassle of it all!

Respected Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@2blonde I believe they are doing away with the spendable kash for return shipping on the other channel, at least I think that is the new policy.

@ajsidney12  As a "VIP" HSN Card user, they give me $5.00 spendable Kash if I use the return label to return an eligible item.  This is in addition to refunding the original shipping.  Since the return label is usually $6.95, that means it will only cost me $1.95 to order and return an item.  They will do this for a total of 6 returns in a year, which is no problem for me because I seldom return anything.  I think this is a pretty good deal!

@2blonde While I am a card holder, I am no "VIP" member so I don't get that "feature" I guess now that the rules changed.

@ajsidney12  According to what it says on their website, all you have to do to be a VIP is have the HSN credit card (and use it for your purchase).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@ajsidney12  According to what it says on their website, all you have to do to be a VIP is have the HSN credit card (and use it for your purchase).

Yep you are right.  When this VIP thing went into effect, I contacted CS about it because I thought maybe I had to sign up for something.  I was told that all HSN cardholders are VIP.

@ajsidney12, you do have to make a purchase that is VIP return eligible.  I don't know that most are but I've never bought anything that wasn't.  You do have to use your hsn card for the purchase and use the HSN pre-paid label for your return.  If you've done this, you may have spendable kash credits on your account that you don't know about.  I do believe they expire after 60 or 90 days though.   

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Please watch your refunds.  I figure out my refund prior to sending back.  Recently I had QVC charge me the $6+ for their label. I never use their label.  It takes too long. I had used USPS Priority.  CS was very apologetic refunded me the difference.  I had kept my tracking numbers and they did double check.

I've had that happen too- I watch  the returned $$ amounts very carefully! They'll fix it very quickly when you bring it to their attention.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@2blonde, the return label fees went up to $7.95 and $9.95 at the same time the new policy went into effect for VIP returns.  

@Lipstickdiva  Uh Oh......looks like it'll cost me $2.95 instead of $1.95.  Good thing I don't use it very often!

And now they limit how many times you can use  VIP returns in one year! I think it's 6 times?