Valued Contributor

anyone notice that pink seems to be a big color for fall. my go to store has tons of pink pants and dress for fall already? I do not think I will wear pink pants but someone must be since they seem to have them not bright pink light pink? anyone else notice this.

Honored Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

anyone notice that pink seems to be a big color for fall. my go to store has tons of pink pants and dress for fall already? I do not think I will wear pink pants but someone must be since they seem to have them not bright pink light pink? anyone else notice this.

Oh my gosh, the other day, there were all kinds of pieces of pink jewelry. I use to love pink (younger years),  but now I just love color. But pink for me, has left me. 

when is the color season anyway, from when to when. I thought green had just come in and now, boom, it's pink. ??

Honored Contributor

Re: new colors for all

[ Edited ]

I still own an Eileen Fisher hot pink sweater that is over 15 years old and still looks brand new. The yarn reminds me of a popcorn ceiling but a flat one if you can picture it.   It look great with dark brown pants or navy, charcoal gray and black.  I hardly wear it now because our winters are not that cold.  It has a loose turtleneck.  I cannot see light pink pants for fall/winter.  Light pink cotton pants would look good for summer.  The only store I usually go into is JJill and no pink in there. Heart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I still own an Eileen Fisher hot pink sweater that is over 15 years old and still looks brand new.  It look great with dark brown pants or navy, charcoal gray and black.  I hardly wear it because our winters are not that cold.  It has a loose turtleneck.  I cannot see light pink pants for fall/winter.  Light pink cotton pants would look good for summer.  The only store I usually go into is JJill and no pink in there. Heart

What shoes would you wear in winter w/ pink pants?

Respected Contributor

Pink doesn't seem to be a Fall color, IMO.

Wine, burgundy, and plum are Fall colors...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,    Off the top of my head, I would say dark brown or charcoal gray and black.  I am thinking of a hot pink or medium pink color.  For a light pink summer pant, I would wear white or light beige.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus,    Off the top of my head, I would say dark brown or charcoal gray and black.  I am thinking of a hot pink or medium pink color.  For a light pink summer pant, I would wear white or light beige.

I may do a hot pink sweater, but stay w/ my black or charcoal pants. I don't think pink pants would be very versatile. 

Honored Contributor

Re: new colors for all

[ Edited ]

RI have owned one pair of pink pants in my lifetime.  I made the mistake of wearing them to NYC on a trip I made alone.

It seemed that every male that saw me yelled " Hey, pink pants". I was there on business, but I was not in the business they mistook me to be in.  

That was many years ago, and from then on I say NO to pink pants.

added: I just remembered what happened to those pink pants.  My DH taught forensic science to police officers for homicide cases.  He and his team buried a deer that was killed on the highway and needed clothing to dress it in.  I gave my DH those pants and the matching shirt to dress the deer for burial.  A year later the deer was dug up for study.  I know...TMI and gross.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

At the hair stylist yesterday I picked up the latest InSyle and the cover model was all done in bright pink, long dress and boots!  I think the pink boots were over the knee (they were suede).  

I totally want those boots but would have no place to ever wear them!