Valued Contributor

lands end has a chino pair of soft pink pants. that is my go to store plus they have a coupon for 25 precent off? if you look on the top of home page it is there plus free shipping if you spend 50 or more. 

Honored Contributor

Re: new colors for all

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

If you go to Vogue's Ultimate Shoe Guide Autumn/Winter 2017, you will see that you can wear anything with any color.  It looks some deranged minds created these shoes.

I remember wearing platinum lizard alligator shoes in winter (which were actually an ivory color).  I think camel crock pattern would be pretty with pink.  I do not know why you could not wear a leopard print.  Why not any of the metallics or wine colors?  I am sure there will be winter nudes.  Once upon a time I had some sloucy suede boots that were sort of a bone color.  There should be plenty colors to wear with pink in winter just as there is in spring.

Vionic is getting into the real shoe business this fall/winter.  They have a line of really cute shoes at Dillard's and they are not over the top.  Just neat shoes, shooties, some hair calf, some snake print, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Carmie

I thought they used pigs for those types of studies? More similarities to human anatomy...

You're right.  Medical personal do use pigs.

Police officers, FBI, tend to use animals that have already died as opposed to killing animals for study. They are only studying them for evidence gathering purposes, they do not autopsy them.  

I think it depends.  Some doctors operate on dogs for certain procedures as their anatomy nearly mocks that of a human.  Just depends.  Cats are too small.  Imagine having to remove a kidney stone from a small cat.  Argh.  It's hard enough to find their kidneys.

Respected Contributor

Deep raspberry or deep fuchsia. Both make nice fall/winter pinks.

LOVE PINK! ❤️ Anytime of year. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

I am not sure what the stores are showing yet.  Been awhile since i just went browsing around.  But for me I  have always favored the fall colors of wines, burgundy and hunter greens, dark navy, browns, grays and that sort of thing.  I might do a pink on top but just don't do much pink.  

I would do a light pink on bottom for summer but that is about it.  I have a pretty yellow pair.  I like colored pants. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wear what you look good in, and I look good in pinks.  I wear shades of pink year-round, and have pink jeans I wear in spring/summer.   I haven't noticed any specific colors for fall in the stores around here, but don't really pay that much attention.  I'm always on the hunt for pastel tops and sweaters all fall and winter.  Olives, burgundies, browns, blacks, etc., are not good colors close to my face, so I avoid them.  I'm delighted that pinks are "in."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo, I toally agree with you.  It's fine to keep up with the trends and hot trend colors, but when it comes to clothing to buy a color simply because it's hot is not wise.  Trendy doesn't always work for everyone.  I thank age and maturity for teaching me to wear the colors I like and know flatter me and to h e double hockey sticks with Pantone.  

That said, I like and look good in pick.  I will probably use the availability of the color to add a pink wool cardigan and turtleneck to my wardrobe.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@tockerman wrote:

anyone notice that pink seems to be a big color for fall. my go to store has tons of pink pants and dress for fall already? I do not think I will wear pink pants but someone must be since they seem to have them not bright pink light pink? anyone else notice this.

Oh my gosh, the other day, there were all kinds of pieces of pink jewelry. I use to love pink (younger years),  but now I just love color. But pink for me, has left me. 

when is the color season anyway, from when to when. I thought green had just come in and now, boom, it's pink. ??

@qualitygal,Pantone announces the color of the year in December.  Last year it was pink.  This year it's spring green.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

Thank you.  Read your post just in time.  I have never looked at Evine and was just getting ready to so I could look at the Wolf jewelry boxes mentioned in another post.  Very timely suggestion!  Oh no, another shopping channel to lure me from my attempt to curb my shopping!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

I picked up an InStyle in line the other day and was shocked at how thin it is now!

Years ago I would buy it regularly and it was big and thick and full of awesome pictures!

As for pink; I'm digging it in my old age and I have pink pants!

@Andreatoo@QueenDanceALot, Traditionally, this month's fashion magazines are all thin.  The big fashion issue is next!!!!

(Remember "The Devil Wears Prada" some of that is very close to reality.