Re: neck lines for older women

On 10/12/2014 terrier3 said:
On 10/12/2014 lolakimono said:

Pammie, just wear a cami! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Or fill the neckline in with a scarf!

yes, Ladies, my 'fill in' is a necklace! I'm right with you

Super Contributor

On 10/12/2014 violann said: If they sold a turtle neck on qvc that started just above my cheek bones, I'd buy it!

dearest violann, for years now I have looked forward to wearing turtlenecks to 'HOLD UP A FEW OF MY CHINS'. sad but true. Now I just look like I'm smothering myself, but I feel better.

Frequent Contributor

I rarely wear anything with a crew neckline any longer. I just feel cut-off.... I like cowls, turtlenecks, V-necks and lower rounded necklines. I'm a little on the "chesty" side so I do wear cami's on occasion when the neckline is a little too low for comfort.

Super Contributor

On 10/13/2014 dperry said:

One thing I notice on women is the condition of the skin of a woman's decollate. If a woman has a lot of sun damage and wrinkles a low neckline is actually painful to see. My husband always notices that.

hi, dperry, last year moved to Chesapeake. and yep I'm the one with that 'ugliness',,,,rode from dawn to dusk on my pony as a kid and teen years the same type of exposure, so now I'm as I am. nice to hear from all with various solutions.

Trusted Contributor

M I am not trying to be disparaging by my comment I only mean that skin condition should be taken into consideration when dressing. I am 48 and I have a healthy decollate area, but I do not wear low necklines because I do not want to be a hoochie mama. I hate to say it, but just because you think you look good in something does not mean you do and you don't want to be one of the "people of walmart." ugg.

Honored Contributor

On 10/12/2014 ical said:

Why can't people just wear what they want? Geeze! I bet some would vote for Female Dress Codes by Age. You're doing it now (you being the general female who over thinks their image and regulates themselves through or by regulation of or by others).

Age 1-6 Just about anything with any type bottoms and tops.

Age 6-10 Full tops, bottoms to knees.

Age 10-13 Full tops, bottoms to ankles.

Age 13-death Total coverage, including toes, ears, and hand covered from wrists to knuckle.

That's where you're taking women, so just stop fiddling with your necks and chest and bottoms and legs and ankles. Just think (that's the brain).

Edited

We don't just wear what we want because we don't want to look like OLD FOOLS that don't have sense enough to dress for their age. People will see us dressed like we are 17 and put us in care facilities because we have lost our ability to reason.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 Kathleen said:
On 10/12/2014 ical said:

Why can't people just wear what they want? Geeze! I bet some would vote for Female Dress Codes by Age. You're doing it now (you being the general female who over thinks their image and regulates themselves through or by regulation of or by others).

<br />

I don't care what anyone else wears ... that's their problem.

In my case - age has nothing to do with it. I wear what I think looks best on me. I've had the same basic style since I got out of high school lots, and lots, and lots of years ago. Up until that point, I wore uniforms.

I am with you ladies. I STILL GOT IT! I wear what looks good and I do wear low necklines because that is what looks best ON ME.

Honored Contributor

Camis are my friend or I wouldn't wear half the stuff in my closet. Sooner, thank you for my laugh of the day.

Honored Contributor

I wear a tank top/cami or thin spandex type shirt under them.

Frequent Contributor

Ultherapy for décolleté rejuvenation.