Esteemed Contributor

my new down puffer vest from Land's End

They had a great sale so I got a down puffer vest for less than $20.  I bought one last year and love it, but I can tell this one is not the same even though they are similar.  At first I thought it was odd that I was covered in cat hair since kitty hasn't been near it, but with a closer look, I found that it's the down filling popping out all over it.  Boo!  😢

Love the fit and it has overall rating of 4.5 out of 5.  I pulled out all of the visible feathers, but when I wore it again, more popped out.  Do you think this will stop? I'm thinking about returning it.

Here's a photo from the website:

512668_FW19_FF_DO7.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: my new down puffer vest from Land's End

Cute!  LOVE that blue!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No, it will not stop.  That's what happens when the fabric is an insufficient thread count to keep feathers from poking through.  It's too loosely woven.  It'll be a real mess if machine washed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

No, it will not stop.  That's what happens when the fabric is an insufficient thread count to keep feathers from poking through.  It's too loosely woven.  It'll be a real mess if machine washed.

I wondered what it would be like if I wash it.  I haven't had any problems with the one I bought last year.  Maybe I just got a dud this time.  I think I'll see if I can exchange it.  I love the color.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @wildcat fan 

I agree with @Kachina624 that it won't stop and it may get worse in the wash.  Too bad 'cuz this is cute...perfect for the current weather in our area of N & SC.  The rating is good, though, and makes me think yours could just be a dud...??  You might consider exchanging. 

I'd be careful of the temptation to think you can live with it since it's such a great price and a great piece...a feeling I'm all too familiar with hahaha...because it has the potential of becoming one of those "what was I thinking" pieces!  Hope you are well!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan ...sorry, no the popping of down will not stop.

Honored Contributor

Oh ....  that reminds me of the awful FEATHER pillows we had when I was a kid............Not even down pillows.....they were filled with chicken feathers

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'd send it back since you already have one you like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan , check to see if there are reviews of the best.  Common practice for big markdowns on problem clothing.  I always check out the reviews before purchase.  I would return it as you can't stop the feathers bleeding through.  LM

Respected Contributor

I bought three puffer jackets from LE about 4 years ago and my favorite one has been my silver with black polka dots that still looks brand new. I get compliments every time I wear it still. I wish I had bought more.

I remember seeing the one you bought on there. I bought the pintucked flannel tops that are on there and they are really cute, I bought 4 at a really good sale price.