Esteemed Contributor

Re: mother of bride dress

[ Edited ]

My bff is going to be a mother of the bride in fall 2020 and to complicate matters further she will be stepmother of the bride.  She's very worried about what to wear.  It's a destination wedding at a Nevada resort.  We plan to make a few shopping trips when summer occasion dresses arrive in stores next year.  I'm flattered that she wants my input and help in choosing an outfit and styling her look for this most special occasion.  The bride is her husband's only child and since he had custody of his daughter when they married 25 years ago, the young lady has grown up with her as the caregiving mom.  

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

The post is very difficult to read/understand. The grammar is horrendous! 

As far as purchasing a dress, Macy's has tremendous deals and look for sale prices at Nordstrom. I love Nicole Miller. Perhaps one of her stores is having a sale. I would not purchase a "cheap/inexpensive" dress for my daughter's wedding. Instead, opt for a designer dress on sale!

It appears everyone who responded before you understood the post.  Is there any reason to point out the "horrendous grammar" other than to embarrass or belittle the OP?  

I hope there aren't any typos in my post.  I have those "40's eyes" and can't see very clearly. 

Agree that wasn't a very nice post written by @Tinkerbell3 .

Honored Contributor

Not to mention the possibility that an inexpensive dress might be all the op can afford. So inappropriate to comment on that as well.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

The post is very difficult to read/understand. The grammar is horrendous! 

As far as purchasing a dress, Macy's has tremendous deals and look for sale prices at Nordstrom. I love Nicole Miller. Perhaps one of her stores is having a sale. I would not purchase a "cheap/inexpensive" dress for my daughter's wedding. Instead, opt for a designer dress on sale!

I must have missed the post where someone suggested a "cheap/inexpensive" dress.  Perhaps?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I got mine in the bridal shop.  They had a mother of the bride section. Most do.