Honored Contributor

Just as an aside:  I was in my tailor/seamstress shop about a month ago.  There was a lady trying on a dress for her MOB with her BFF.  The MOB did not like the suggestions made by the BFF, but I did.  I tried to convince her that the tailoring she was suggesting on one of the dresses she tried was her best look for her and the way they described the wedding (she had three dresses which she was choosing from).  I agreed with the BFF on the dress and the way to tailor it.  The MOB was vehement that she did not like it.  I left before I created a big argument.

Earlier this week, the seamstress/tailor called me to say the MOB wanted my phone number.  I was scared to give it to her until she said "she wants to thank you for giving her the courage to wear the dress and tailor it the way you suggested."  I reluctantly gave it to her and the MOB called me.  Very sweet lady.  I made a friend, which is hard for me.  Usually my suggestions are the opposite of what some wish.

Regular Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Something like these?

6721907adcca76f0db77032e00d07f5a.jpg

fb7d290773e7f3bbfc39acacf76cbf51.jpg

Love!!

Honored Contributor

I got my mother-of-the-groom dress at Macy's. It was lovely; I didn't want to look like the cookie-cutter "mother-of" dress, so no long dress for me!  I decided on a tea length dress and I found matching shoes. I got compliments all night long. The wedding was wonderful! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

First, I think it is far more important how you feel in a piece of clothing than what it looks like.  If you don't like it and feel good wearing it, it can look like a million bucks but you still will be uncomfortable in it.

Secondly, I would think looking at some consignment stores might be VERY productive!  

Frequent Contributor

I found a navy blue lace knee length, short sleeve dress at Penny's for $85. Wore it 2 years ago but won't part with it. I am saving it for another occasion. Love it still.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 

Tea length dress is my favorite length for these sort of events. No fidgeting about when sitting down, hoping you're not exposing yourself, no tripping on hem, etc etc.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Key words in your post "outdoors" and "simple".  I would keep those words in mind as I shop. Our daughter had a simple outdoor wedding two years ago and shopping for it was fun.  Enjoy!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor
Check Nordstrom.com. They have lots of warmer weather dresses on sale. Free shipping both ways if you need to make a return.
Respected Contributor

The post is very difficult to read/understand. The grammar is horrendous! 

As far as purchasing a dress, Macy's has tremendous deals and look for sale prices at Nordstrom. I love Nicole Miller. Perhaps one of her stores is having a sale. I would not purchase a "cheap/inexpensive" dress for my daughter's wedding. Instead, opt for a designer dress on sale!

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

The post is very difficult to read/understand. The grammar is horrendous! 

As far as purchasing a dress, Macy's has tremendous deals and look for sale prices at Nordstrom. I love Nicole Miller. Perhaps one of her stores is having a sale. I would not purchase a "cheap/inexpensive" dress for my daughter's wedding. Instead, opt for a designer dress on sale!

It appears everyone who responded before you understood the post.  Is there any reason to point out the "horrendous grammar" other than to embarrass or belittle the OP?  

I hope there aren't any typos in my post.  I have those "40's eyes" and can't see very clearly. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt