Valued Contributor

my daughters getting married next year, and I need to know what kind of dress should I get. will be outside wedding and very simple. were do you find a dress that does not coast a lot of money 

Respected Contributor

Nordstrom.com has a whole area on what to wear to weddings based on if you are a guest, mother of the bride, etc. Check it out.

Honored Contributor

Try TJ Maxx web site. If you have a store nearby you can return anything there for free. Their site has so many occasion dresses that they don't carry in their stores. Marshalls sells online now too.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@tockerman 

I don't know what you consider a lot of money, but how about something like this?

JS COLLECTIONS Embroidered Lace Blouson Cocktail Dress, Main, color, NAVY ROSE

JS COLLECTIONS Embroidered Lace Blouson Cocktail Dress, Alternate, color, NAVY ROSE

Honored Contributor

What month?  The coverage would need to be more or less depending on the month.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

When my younger daughter got married at the Little White Chapel in Las Vegas, I looked all over for a dress to wear. Finally decided to make my own of a color and style I liked. Here It is. BTW--it was a great wedding and time for everyone. 

Lorrainedress.JPG

Valued Contributor

none of those are my style it will be august. in the midwest so it will be hot. nothing long. thanks for your help 

Respected Contributor

Re: mother of bride dress

[ Edited ]

@tockerman wrote:

none of those are my style it will be august. in the midwest so it will be hot. nothing long. thanks for your help 

Specifically,  what is your style preference besides nothing fancy or long?  Sleeves, sleeveless?  Fabric preference. color?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~