Trusted Contributor

Re: monday night lori wil be getting her own slot

Lori's items don't do anything for a short woman, who has a large bust. I look like I'm standing in a hole, even if I wear heels. Not to mention, because her items have no real shape, I look ten times more wide than I am. I'm jealous of all of you with long legs!

Honored Contributor

Not me. I just don't care for her clothes. The idea of putting on clothes after clothes doesn't do it for me.

That's an hour I'll be watching something else.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 kmax said:

Wow! Lori Goldstein is one of the hottest names in fashion today. She is the stylist for all the major fashion magazines and most of the runway shows and some of you want to go back 30 years ago to Louis Del Olio and George Simonton, Really? Everyone should have classics in their closet, they should be the basics for your wardrobe, but if you can't figure out how to add one trendy new top to your basics -- why are you even talking about fashion??? I adore Amy, IMO she has great fashion sense and Lori is amazing! Every time I watch Lori, I learn something new. To me the definition of being old is being unable to learn anything new. I can't wait for the Q's new Monday night line-up! All you oldies have a glasses of warm milk, go to bed and dream about the 80's, or 70's or heaven forbid the 50's.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Shouldn't you teenagers be studying for your finals or something? Lori is definitely not the hottest name in adult (over 21) fashion.

That aside, there are lots of complaints about her items pilling. Who wants to pay $65 for a throw away top that lasts one season if your lucky? SMH

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 morning glory said:

Lots of grumpy people tonight. Must be the weather.

yes,Add rude, and insulting and condescending. Geesh ...

I like some of Lori's tops, some things not so much, but I don't feel it is an opinion to put people down for liking certain things. I am glad we are all different

Super Contributor

OP, if you like the idea, why the rolling eyes at the start of your sentence?

Super Contributor

On 1/12/2015 kmax said:

Wow! Lori Goldstein is one of the hottest names in fashion today. She is the stylist for all the major fashion magazines and most of the runway shows and some of you want to go back 30 years ago to Louis Del Olio and George Simonton, Really? Everyone should have classics in their closet, they should be the basics for your wardrobe, but if you can't figure out how to add one trendy new top to your basics -- why are you even talking about fashion??? I adore Amy, IMO she has great fashion sense and Lori is amazing! Every time I watch Lori, I learn something new. To me the definition of being old is being unable to learn anything new. I can't wait for the Q's new Monday night line-up! All you oldies have a glasses of warm milk, go to bed and dream about the 80's, or 70's or heaven forbid the 50's.

Wow! back. If you hoped to garner any credibility for your views, you have achieved the opposite with your over the top rudeness.

By the way, I have many LOGO tops, I like Amy and I am looking forward to the new Monday lineup. But... I am over 40, so should I be drinking milk and going to bed as well?

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/12/2015 taja123 said:

Why call it PM Style. They'll be showing Beauty gadgets, hair products, tools and throwing anything else that might have an iota of connection. A name change is needed: call it Monday Night Cornucopia.

I agree....gone are the days they actually just sold fashions in AM, PM style...now a days you are lucky if you see a fashion item in between the other beauty and style products. I used to watch all the time but rarely do now.............and although i really do LOVE the colors she uses in her fashion don't care for LOGO styles at all....too pricey for the same shirt tweaked in a hundred different ways..................I turn more and more to other retailers at this point only tune in for a few specific QVC shows.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

A great idea if true. What some here on the forums refer to as "Logo style" or "Lori's style" is actually ubiquitous especially in NYC and the West Coast. Asymmetry and shark bite have been around on and off for more than half a century. They will never be "out". It's just that they're around more today than maybe 10 years ago. As for layering, Lori does carry it to extremes but that's her personal style. I don't do beyond 2 or 3 layers. It's fun, practical (as you can peel off as needed) and allows for creativity in dressing. I understand it's not everyone's thing.

You need several layers of her items. The fabric is thin, so layer, layer, layer. Looks good if you do.

Honored Contributor

On 1/12/2015 kmax said:

Oh brother... so pleasantly put... Well, turn about being fair play, let's keep in mind that some drink warm milk and some drink the Kool-Aid (today's featured flavor, of course...), relying on others to tell them what works and what doesn't... When clearly what works is an individual thing, based on personal style, body type and so on... Lori's clothes simply don't work for everyone and it would be a huge mistake to assume that they do...

I don't think anyone is militating against current fashion or having a 'trendy' top... but that also doesn't mean everyone must fall in line behind one brand or one interpretation of what's current... Lori might well be the stylist to the stars but she tends usually to look a hot mess, especially when wearing her own togs... And quite frankly, a number of the 'stars' really don't routinely appear to look all that special... The recent Golden Globes would be a clear case in point...

As for Amy, again, it's a matter of personal choice. I don't care for her on any level, have not been wowed by her style or fashion sense and frankly find her annoying, so won't be watching her... Incidentally, I'd be cautious about 'adoring' anyone... Sooner or later such positive regard will almost certainly translate into the same nastiness that seemed to follow those who enjoyed Lisa...

That said, enjoy a piece of Melba toast with that Kool-Aid... It helps to cut those adult teeth. The ones that facilitate development of a personal style...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I agree, taja123.....when its a Fashion show, I resent the time taken for all the other stuff like hair dryers and hair removers, or rings they've been trying to sell for days.

I think that Lori is passionate and enthusiastic about her line, and at least she lets the host speak, give colors and measurements, etc. without interrupting, dancing, twirling, and petting the garment, like Susan Graver. That alone makes me like her. And her line has really taken off.

And I always like Isaac and Shawnie Sue. Glad they are moving to 9pm, so they do not compete with CASTLE, my fav show.

I think a new line-up will be interesting..... and I am so glad that Susan Graver is NOT part of it.

Let's give them a chance, everyone!