Super Contributor
Was watching qvc plus where Shawn was on with a vendor selling Carole Hochman pajames that were over $60. After all is said and done they're gonna end up costing about $80? I mean they were cute, tie die print but I would never pay that much for pj's....maybe I'm just out of touch..lol. I really did like them though, I immediately went searching online for them elsewhere at a cheaper price with no luck
Frequent Contributor

There are lots of items on the Q that I would never give a second thought at those prices in a local store. So I really have to watch myself and not get caught up in the hype.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Debbie555 said: Was watching qvc plus where Shawn was on with a vendor selling Carole Hochman pajames that were over $60. After all is said and done they're gonna end up costing about $80? I mean they were cute, tie die print but I would never pay that much for pj's....maybe I'm just out of touch..lol. I really did like them though, I immediately went searching online for them elsewhere at a cheaper price with no luck

I so agree! All of us have our limits. I just can't afford sleepwear at those prices. I have found her pieces on clearance at the end of the season in stores. A stores clearance price is not like the Q, it's a real sale. Even if I could spend that much for sleepwear, I really doubt I would. There are too many other ways I prefer to spend my money.

Super Contributor

I agree, I would never pay those prices for pajamas. No more than $30 for top and bottom for pj's for me. I usually get mine at Ross for $16 and change. They were originally $58!

As far as Carole Hochman, I had gotten a pair of hers at Ross and they were no softer than any other brand half the price and they didn't wash and hold up any better also. I've even seen Stan Hermann's robes in the stores and they were no softer than any of the cheaper brands. I mean really.

I say this because the way they describe them on QVC, you'd think what the heck they were for goodness sake. Nothing special. You just get to pay more, that's it.

Honored Contributor

I really like these, from L.L. Bean, and they're $39.95 a piece. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Ultrasoft Sleepwear Short Sleeve Henley Nightgown Stripe Misses RegularUltrasoft Sleepwear Short Sleeve Henley Nightgown Stripe Misses Regular

Regular Contributor

Why do the words cheaper/cheap get used when someone means less expensive?

Less expensive does not mean the item is cheap.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have to really use my brain (and elementary math) because I never gave any thought to sending stuff back if it didn't fit) which was often.

Now, I look the price, think to add a few $'s for the tax and if I had to return it (usually $6.95 even for 1 garmet). That's quite a bit extra. Right there it would be around an extra $12-14. Makes me sick.

I don't even watch it much during the day anymore and I used to have it on in a few TV's around the house all during the day. No more.

I can afford it but I hate feeling like I'm being played for a fool (lowering the shipping to $3 but not refunding it then charging more than double to send it back).

Here's another thing I've noticed since they've changed the shipping rate. I used to get some things in 1 to 2 days. Now it takes as long as 4 or 5 days for me to get even a little shirt.

Even my daughter has commented that i don't seem to be spending the kind of money I used to.

Respected Contributor

The last couple of gowns I bought were from Sam's and were less than $13.00 each and I have worn them many, many times. I would rather have money than $80.00 pjs.

Super Contributor

$65.96 ... we don't pay tax on clothing in NYC.

Trusted Contributor
You're not cheap, the prices are ridiculous. If you like Carol Hochman, try Marshall's, they always have her pj's and gowns for less than half the price the Q charges.