Super Contributor

I want to thank the person that suggested celebrityonair for face masks.  I just received mine in less than a week and they are awesome.  They are made by the Carol Wior swimsuit company so they aren't cotton, but they are awesome and cute!!

Honored Contributor

I just made my own following the instructions of the Surgeon General on the cdc.gov website.  Used a Chicago Bears bandana and it works quite well.  Can't wait to wear it--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nadine O -

Are they breathable?

Also are they made of swimsuit material? They are cute but I think that would be hot if they are the same material.

What did you think?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I received mine yesterday.  They are polyester and very light and breathable.  They probably need a liner.  I do like them for the fit.

Today I received the ones I ordered from headcovers dot com.  I like these better.  They are also light but they are a double layer.  Made of bamboo viscose and the second layer is treated with a water resistant finish which minimizes droplets penetrating the mask.  There is a template included for cutting a filter that inserts into the inner pocket of the mask.

Honored Contributor

Hmmmm, I don't recall seeing "cute" on the CDC specifications.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

just a heads up...stick with cotton masks...not only for the breathability...but also...the swimsuit/spandex ones stretch out TERRIBLY...after a week it wouldn't even stay up on my face...Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

I received mine yesterday.  They are polyester and very light and breathable.  They probably need a liner.  I do like them for the fit.

Today I received the ones I ordered from headcovers dot com.  I like these better.  They are also light but they are a double layer.  Made of bamboo viscose and the second layer is treated with a water resistant finish which minimizes droplets penetrating the mask.  There is a template included for cutting a filter that inserts into the inner pocket of the mask.

@Scooby Doo 

Thank you for mentioning the headcovers site. The place I ordered from at the beginning of the month canceled on me so I have been looking for a new one to order. I just placed an order and it sounds like they will be able to fill it.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hmmmm, I don't recall seeing "cute" on the CDC specifications.

But why not get "cute" masks if they fit the other specifications and we need to wear them?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @RealtyGal2 -- since our masks are very prominent and probably the first thing people see on us, why not be "cute" and (dare I say it?) "fashionable."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Q is offering V37380 for $1.00 each plus shipping.

I put them in my cart then deleted.

I think these paper masks should be about 35c each.

Not going to panic buy this offering