Honored Contributor

I do not want to be told about the "new" color! Feel that QVC is pushing it too much.

Trusted Contributor

When I walked into Sephora the other day, there was a huge placard with the color right at the front entrance. So ugly I cannot imagine it making any woman look beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I'm curious to know what color you consider 'marsala' to be?

Honored Contributor

My guess would be maroon or burgundy. An odd choice for Pantone color of the year, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

reddish, brownish, maroonish.

Honored Contributor

It's a pretty color for Fall/Winter. It's not a color that I would wear going into Spring/Summer.

I don't care for it that color in makeup at all.

Honored Contributor

Just Googled it and I think there is some pink in it. It's not bad looking I just do not like the idea of ""color of the year"" and the q pushing it so much.

Respected Contributor
Every year they do this. QVC has done this for a long time. I don't buy a color because someone tells me to.
Honored Contributor

They started on the Pantone Color of the Year with the Emerald Green schtick.

They tried to push that lilac-type color last year with little success.

Marsala is probably easier to sell.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Q has pushed the Pantone color for years. I remember the year it was some shade of yellow, one year it was honeysuckle and let's not forget the tangerine tango they pushed and pushed and pushed before the emerald green.

I don't necessarily think Marsala is a bad color for fall/winter but it's not a spring/summer color but last years Pantone color wasn't a fall/winter color IMO.

I don't think the make-up would look good on my coloring but I think it might look beautiful on a darker skintone. I would do a nail color though in marsala.

The problem is Q will pick out anything remotely close and claim it's the must-have color even though it's not even close.