Esteemed Contributor

Re: love and own many Isaac items but not the TSV.

bebe777 - While not "everyone" is wearing this style, many are, as well as ponchos.  If you live in a city you will see this style often.  This is a popular silhouette, even the Halston line has similar items.  I am passing on this because of the sleeve length and price.  But if you stylish girls like this look, I think you will look great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

I agree that Isaac's TSV cashmere sweater is odd. I'm really surprised to hear him say that "everyone" seems to be wearing this style in NYC? Really???!! I don't think so. 

I do kind like it in a way, but more for lounging around the house... like the way that I'll wear an oversized Hanes men's underwear t-shirt around the house in spring/summer/early fall. 

I can see lounging in this sweater (over a Haines t-shirt) in the colder winter months when the landlord hasn't turned the heat up. Smiley Happy

My main concern is that I don't think this thin cashmere has staying power and that it will wear out quickly. I also don't know how well it will wash. 

I do love his icy-winter color selection for this sweater. The colors are neutrals that will mix well in most wardrobes.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 You know that I adore you and hate to disagree with you on any topic but I have to differ on this issue! I do see this shape out and about here on the west coast.  Of course everything is about one's own personal style and styling but I think it looks great.  

I'm not buying because the holidays are coming up and I need to focus my dollars on others but I do like it quite a bit. With skinny jeans, boots and a layering tee I would be a happy camper.

I still love you bebe! Heart

@islandgrrl, I love you too... and, lol, I'd hardly call this a disagreement. Isaac's a NYC guy and I haven't seen much of this style on the East Coast. lol, maybe I need to check my glasses prescription. Smiley Wink

@Biftu, what has me confused is that I do live in the center of a big city on the East Coast... and I just haven't seen this style. I have seen the ponch showing up, but not this style. 

islandgrrl, I'm glad to know that they are showing up on the West Coast. Smiley Happy

I'm sort of torn about this sweater. I kind of like it but I kind of don't. I just can't make up my mind. It would be great to wear curled up on a sofa next to a fireplace fire. Smiley Happy

-- bebe, cashmere sweater confused... but with gorgeous, moussed up Wen hair Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I do think that this sweater would look very nice on many women.  Very forgiving, and I like the way it looks with the tee top underneath.  Also, when I first saw it, I thought it was an elbow sleeve (which I'd like to see more (of).  I like the way it drapes/hangs on the figure.  Nothing too tight, it doesn't pull across the backside, etc. The blush is a beautiful color, and all of the colors are very nice. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It's too boxy, too trendy and too expensive for me.  Not crazy about he short sleeves.

I love cashmere, but prefer a more traditional classic style.  $160 is way too much for a QVC sweater.  I have purchased cashmere from QVC before and their 2 ply yarn was very thin.

I prefer more traditional styles in cashmere.  Last week Gilt had a great cashmere sale which included a 30% off coupon..

With the sleeve length, I would have to wear something underneath.  Based on the models, it looks like the cashmere is thin and clinging to what they have on underneath.

Honored Contributor

The colors are so pretty and I like Isaac's cashmere, but I find the sweater to be confusing. It's weird that the collar goes up so high, but the sleeves are short. I don't like the sleeves at all, not the shape or the length.

I though it looked great on Linda. I also thought that Pat wore it well and that it would look lovely on some women, but I am not one of them. I am short and round and this would look crazy on me. It would come almost to my knees and the weird wing sleeves would come down to my stomach because I have a short torso, too.

Respected Contributor

I think it looks great on many of the models and hosts. But for my lifestyle, I just wouldn't get the use out of it for the price. 

Respected Contributor

It's a shame because I like IM clothes but no one has looked good in it. It makes everyone look much larger than they are.

The quality looks really nice too. Darn.

Super Contributor

Completely agree.    This is by far the worst thing I've seen from Isaac, and that includes his multitudes of floral items.  Shapeless and unattractive. 

Trusted Contributor

They belted it on the one model...is she a petite model?...looks like heck on her!  ....as with most of Issac's models....throw on a scarf and sunglasses .......she looks like the Hamptons.....like money....LOL!   

Respected Contributor

I saw this on Pat DeMentri James and it wasnt flattering at all.