Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I didn't see Kerstin or the dress.  If it was from Young, Broke and Fabulous, I'd probably not like it.  Most of the items from that line look a bit trashy--with a few exceptions.

Have you ever seen Kirsten dressed 'trashy' ?

Not only haven't I seen her dressed trashy more often than not she's more on the athletic side as opposed to ultra feminine...

Trusted Contributor

I find the unabashed exhibition of her body "trashy" as you've stated it.  I am so repelled by her posing and the cutsey phrasing and pauses that I cant concentrate on the product being presented.  The display of one's physique out of context is the very definition of trashy imo.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I didn't see Kerstin or the dress.  If it was from Young, Broke and Fabulous, I'd probably not like it.  Most of the items from that line look a bit trashy--with a few exceptions.

Not only haven't I seen her dressed trashy more often than not she's more on the athletic side as opposed to ultra feminine...

Yes.   a few of the Young Broke and Fabulous dresses look trashy.

I didn't say she was trashy.  I think some of the clothes from that line that she likes are trashy.   I just don't like that line of clothing.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I see she posted what she had on Saturday, but not Sunday.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have a long sleeved YBF maxi dress and one of their jumpsuits, love them. Especially because I can always depend on this brand to be long enough. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I find the unabashed exhibition of her body "trashy" as you've stated it.  I am so repelled by her posing and the cutsey phrasing and pauses that I cant concentrate on the product being presented.  The display of one's physique out of context is the very definition of trashy imo.

Who stated anything about the 'unabashed exhibition of her body' ? You own that one all by yourself.

Not sure what decade you're living in but tube topes and daisy dukes? could be considered trashy; wearing something that fits? Not so much....

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I didn't say she was trashy.  I think some of the clothes from that line that she likes are trashy.   I just don't like that line of clothing.

I'm sure you're probably right; many lines 'diversify' but given what I've seen of Kirsten's style of dressing I don't imagine her selecting a garment that looks like it came from the Fredericks's of Hollywood catalog.. (I'm guessing) I'm not familiar with the line at all..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I'm sure you're probably right; many lines 'diversify' but given what I've seen of Kirsten's style of dressing I don't imagine her selecting a garment that looks like it came from the Fredericks's of Hollywood catalog.. (I'm guessing) I'm not familiar with the line at all..

I think sometimes it's the way they style the models too that contributes to the "trashy" look. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I think sometimes it's the way they style the models too that contributes to the "trashy" look. 

I just took a gander at the site and I can see where Winamac might get the 'trashy' impression although amongst the see through and plunging necklines I did see some really cute things!

I assumed the 'broke' part of the name would mean the prices were 'fabulous'...

Not so much...