Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Lisa Robertson? Are people seriously going on a Lisa Robertson cruise?? Smiley LOL Hysterical

@Tinkerbell3   It’s a regular cruise not a Lisa R. cruise. She had a gathering of ‘fans’ go with her. Like a family reunion type thing.

Trusted Contributor

Per the Michigan Technology Law Review:

The person that takes the picture owns it.  

If I take a picture of you with your camera, I am the "author".

It is my picture.  

For example:  All of the pictures Katie takes with Lisa's phone are legally Katie's.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Lisa doesn't seem to be interacting with her tribe very much.  I've looked at her Facebook page and the pictures the Tribe is posting.  She doesn't seem to be personally involved with them very much.

most likely, she doesn't want to spend time getting waivers/releases to take the pictures of others or blurring their pictures.  she would have to do that.

This isn’t true. The person who takes the image  on their camera owns the copyright to the image. If everyone had to get get waivers,  FB wouldn’t be full of images with people in them and there would be no such thing as paparazzi pictures. Blurring can be done out of consideration, but it does not legally have to be done.  Filming is another story altogether. 

@Sheilaray Lisa's pictures are for commercial purposes - she uses her pictures to sell.  If she uses someone'spicture for commercial purposes without authoriation, she may be sued.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillion wrote:
The only reason I read the post is because LR used to be a Q sales host for 20 years. I don't know her anymore than that and neither do you. I don't like or dislike her, as I don't know her personally, and neither do you! And yet you defend her! I didn't even know what she was doing these days since leaving the Q until I read about it her on the boards. I don't find that unusual at all. I really don't care what she does, but I also don't understand why people think that she is some goddess, when she clearly is not!

I think it's sad someone would spend so much time writing about someone they claim to dislike,  why spend the energy?  maybe there is something positive that person could be doing instead of nurturing negativity..

Esteemed Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Per the Michigan Technology Law Review:

The person that takes the picture owns it.  

If I take a picture of you with your camera, I am the "author".

It is my picture.  

For example:  All of the pictures Katie takes with Lisa's phone are legally Katie's.

You need permission to use someone's image in advertising.  not a copyright issue.  i am not giving legal advice, just chatting.

Super Contributor

Yes, Lisa and her team all had their cabins free due to the numbers of tribers  who signed up for the cruise. However, all excursions were up to Lisa to pay. ( And she chose the most expensive ones.)

But actually, the tribers in the end help pay for Lisa's expenses due to her overpriced sales.

Frequent Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

Yes, Lisa and her team all had their cabins free due to the numbers of tribers  who signed up for the cruise. However, all excursions were up to Lisa to pay. ( And she chose the most expensive ones.)

But actually, the tribers in the end help pay for Lisa's expenses due to her overpriced sales.

In every excursion picture, Lisa made sure to model her products -- scarves, readers, bags, etc.   I'll bet she will be writing off the excursions as business expenses.

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

The cruise is not Lisa's cruise- it is a regular cruise that a tour company booked an allotted number of rooms for anyone in her cult that wanted to go- she states that they will have some events on board but she also said she is not taking over the cruise that the people will have their time to do what they want- I think they also got some special rates if they booked early- personally I can't think of anything worse then to have to watch the spectacle that will take place, wish these women would wake up and not be such followers of what she says, she is just a woman that has her own company and not a celebrity 

I agree - I don't get it either! 

Trusted Contributor

Advertising makes no difference.

You take a picture with my phone, it's your picture.

You might end up taking an award winning, valuable picture and guess what?

I cannot sell it.

It is not mine to sell.

Seriously.  

If you are just conversing, you still need to be factual.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

For me, a cruise itinerary that forces me to constantly watch the clock is no fun.  They did not have a single overnight stay.  That limits what you can do.  You get stuck with the cheesy, tourist trap excursions the cruise line sets up.

@alarmclock, then these types of cruises aren't for you because that's what many of them do.  I know many of the cruises that include Cuba are overnight in Cuba.  Maybe some of the longer 10-14 day cruises include overnights at some of the ports?  

I'm going to guess you've never been on a cruise like this or you did once and weren't well versed in what to do.  You absolutely do not have to book your excursions through the cruise line if you don't want to.  You are always free to book your own excursions prior to your cruise or you can get off the ship and find things to do in the ports on your own.   It's takes research and effort on your part to figure out what you want to do.  And you can do plenty in the 8 hours you are there.