Trusted Contributor

People have issues with her fakery.

She is not always truthful.

People will expose it, no matter what.

Exposing the truth is not attacking someone.

Esteemed Contributor

All these posts - for someone who left eons ago. ???

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Love her, hate her or indifferent to her, Lisa Robertson draws attention.

There are over 5,000 hits on this cruise post alone beside the numerous other Lisa cruise posts.

Q makes money the more times you access and hit their sites so it is not a problem for them to have people talk about her.  Q is still making money off of Lisa.  All of her you tube videos for Q are up with millions of hits, they kept her Gili line that she named  and with her  premise.  If she posts an item for sale Q has many items that are similiar the next day on their front page just awful and cheap.  They even copied her expensive Christmas tree.  Love that she moved on and is success.  

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

There are over 5,000 hits on this cruise post alone beside the numerous other Lisa cruise posts.

Q makes money the more times you access and hit their sites so it is not a problem for them to have people talk about her.  Q is still making money off of Lisa.  All of her you tube videos for Q are up with millions of hits, they kept her Gili line that she named  and with her  premise.  If she posts an item for sale Q has many items that are similiar the next day on their front page just awful and cheap.  They even copied her expensive Christmas tree.  Love that she moved on and is success.  

I doubt very seriously that the Q is copying what Lisa has for sale. Their items are chosen about a year in advance.  They certainly didn't copy her Christmas tree.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Lisa, you have certainly become an obsession with some viewers, I'll give you that; even after several years away from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Lisa, you have certainly become an obsession with some viewers, I'll give you that; even after several years away from the Q.

Isn't that the truth.  I think she is more popular now than when she was on the Q.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

I doubt very seriously that the Q is copying what Lisa has for sale. Their items are chosen about a year in advance.  They certainly didn't copy her Christmas tree.

Can't you just see a whole legion of QVC buyers running to the Dollar Store so they can buy a bunch of jun  copy cat items to be posted on the home page the next day. 

Yes, I'm sure that's how it works. 😘

Trusted Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Per the Michigan Technology Law Review:

The person that takes the picture owns it.  

If I take a picture of you with your camera, I am the "author".

It is my picture.  

For example:  All of the pictures Katie takes with Lisa's phone are legally Katie's.

Maybe, maybe not.

"Copyright law protects a work from the time it is created in a fixed form. From the moment it is set in a print or electronic manuscript, a sound recording, a computer software program, or other such concrete medium, the copyright becomes the property of the author who created it. Only the author or those deriving rights from the author can rightfully claim copyright.

There is, however, an exception to this principle: “works made for hire.” If a work is made for hire, an employer is considered the author even if an employee actually created the work. The employer can be a firm, an organization, or an individual."

"If a work is made for hire, the employer or other person for whom the work was prepared is the initial owner of the copyright unless both parties involved have signed a written agreement to the contrary."

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ09.pdf

Valued Contributor

@alarmclock can you educate me to exactly the details you are referring to about “exposing” “ fakery” and not being “truthful”.  I just did a quick Google search just now and nothing about complaints regarding Lisa R. products, etc. On the surface, it seems most of the complaints are on the Q forums.  Being curious by nature, I like to have all information before deciding what I read online is true and not only “opinion” before forming my own educated “opinion”, which again still doesn’t not mean it is fact.  I am curious if any posters here have had direct issues with her products and their personal experiences, not just hearsay. Thanks in advance! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: lisa's cruise???

[ Edited ]

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@alarmclock can you educate me to exactly the details you are referring to about “exposing” “ fakery” and not being “truthful”.  I just did a quick Google search just now and nothing about complaints regarding Lisa R. products, etc. On the surface, it seems most of the complaints are on the Q forums.  Being curious by nature, I like to have all information before deciding what I read online is true and not only “opinion” before forming my own educated “opinion”, which again still doesn’t not mean it is fact.  I am curious if any posters here have had direct issues with her products and their personal experiences, not just hearsay. Thanks in advance! 

I would be more than happy to elaborate.

There are complaints all over a separate, private Facebook page that Lisa has no access to.  It was started by a tribe member.  Mind you, these are fans that buy from her and they have numerous complaints about the quality of her products, her truthfulness, her slow shipping and less than stellar customer service.

If you look online, you will find complaints.  They are there.

Not a word of hearsay. 

Her Tarnishgate problem was so bad, she finally had to do a separate forty minute video to address the numerous complaints on tarnished jewelry.  She is selling flash plating - the thinnest, least durable and cheapest you can get away with.

This is why her new items tarnish immediately.  Her older items were better made and are still holding up.

She presents these items as being high quality and they are not.  I have seen both the older, original quality and the newer, lower quality.  The contrast is obvious.