Trusted Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Per the Michigan Technology Law Review:

The person that takes the picture owns it.  

If I take a picture of you with your camera, I am the "author".

It is my picture.  

For example:  All of the pictures Katie takes with Lisa's phone are legally Katie's.

Maybe, maybe not.

"Copyright law protects a work from the time it is created in a fixed form. From the moment it is set in a print or electronic manuscript, a sound recording, a computer software program, or other such concrete medium, the copyright becomes the property of the author who created it. Only the author or those deriving rights from the author can rightfully claim copyright.

There is, however, an exception to this principle: “works made for hire.” If a work is made for hire, an employer is considered the author even if an employee actually created the work. The employer can be a firm, an organization, or an individual."

"If a work is made for hire, the employer or other person for whom the work was prepared is the initial owner of the copyright unless both parties involved have signed a written agreement to the contrary."

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ09.pdf

When Brad Cooper used Ellen's phone at the Oscar show, the picture he took was HIS picture even though it was Ellen's phone.

Do you really think there is a written agreement with Katie?

What if Katie uses Lisa's personal phone?

Honored Contributor

Re: lisa's cruise???

[ Edited ]

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@alarmclock can you educate me to exactly the details you are referring to about “exposing” “ fakery” and not being “truthful”.  I just did a quick Google search just now and nothing about complaints regarding Lisa R. products, etc. On the surface, it seems most of the complaints are on the Q forums.  Being curious by nature, I like to have all information before deciding what I read online is true and not only “opinion” before forming my own educated “opinion”, which again still doesn’t not mean it is fact.  I am curious if any posters here have had direct issues with her products and their personal experiences, not just hearsay. Thanks in advance! 

@ajsidney12, Lisa doesn't allow complaints to be posted on her FB page.  If anyone complains about merchandise, shipping times, returns, etc., the comments are immediately removed.  Lisa also doesn't allow reviews of her products on her website from which she sells these items.     

To be fair, I also belong to a private FB group and some of the women on it have posted about buying items from Lisa and they've had no issues.  I also know a couple of people personally who have bought from LR and had no issue.

Honored Contributor

As an aside, someone further up asked how many people from Lisa's "tribe" were on this cruise.  I saw in the visitor's section of her FB page that there were 160 people with Lisa.  

Honored Contributor

160 people on the cruise - more than I thought would be there. 

She probaby has no more than 200 or 250 diehard Tribers.  The way items "sell out," she probably brings in maybe 50 or 100 of any one item. 

Honored Contributor

Many people who went on the cruise brought their +1. So probably not 160 “tribe members”.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Many people who went on the cruise brought their +1. So probably not 160 “tribe members”.  

@Mj12, yes.  I don't know who made up that 160 number but that was the number quoted as being on the cruise "with Lisa", not just general cruisers.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

I bet you're right. 

Trusted Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Caffeina wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Per the Michigan Technology Law Review:

The person that takes the picture owns it.  

If I take a picture of you with your camera, I am the "author".

It is my picture.  

For example:  All of the pictures Katie takes with Lisa's phone are legally Katie's.

Maybe, maybe not.

"Copyright law protects a work from the time it is created in a fixed form. From the moment it is set in a print or electronic manuscript, a sound recording, a computer software program, or other such concrete medium, the copyright becomes the property of the author who created it. Only the author or those deriving rights from the author can rightfully claim copyright.

There is, however, an exception to this principle: “works made for hire.” If a work is made for hire, an employer is considered the author even if an employee actually created the work. The employer can be a firm, an organization, or an individual."

"If a work is made for hire, the employer or other person for whom the work was prepared is the initial owner of the copyright unless both parties involved have signed a written agreement to the contrary."

https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ09.pdf

When Brad Cooper used Ellen's phone at the Oscar show, the picture he took was HIS picture even though it was Ellen's phone.

Do you really think there is a written agreement with Katie?

What if Katie uses Lisa's personal phone?

I can't speculate as to the working relationship between Lisa & Katie, and never said there was a written agreement. That's why I said, "Maybe, maybe not." The quoted text isn't mine. It's from the US Copyright Office.

Trusted Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

@alarmclock can you educate me to exactly the details you are referring to about “exposing” “ fakery” and not being “truthful”.  I just did a quick Google search just now and nothing about complaints regarding Lisa R. products, etc. On the surface, it seems most of the complaints are on the Q forums.  Being curious by nature, I like to have all information before deciding what I read online is true and not only “opinion” before forming my own educated “opinion”, which again still doesn’t not mean it is fact.  I am curious if any posters here have had direct issues with her products and their personal experiences, not just hearsay. Thanks in advance! 

@ajsidney12, do a search for QVC's Lisa Robertson's Jewelry Line Review, and another for Smarter Luxury Reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

160 people on the cruise - more than I thought would be there. 

She probably has no more than 200 or 250 diehard Tribers.  The way items "sell out," she probably brings in maybe 50 or 100 of any one item. 

Albany even said that "Lisa buys in small quantities".

People act like she is moving thousands of dollars of merchandise a day.

Hardly.

She has lots of very old items that she keeps in "reintroducing" and she still can't move it out.

People see sold out icons and forget that some of those were advance order items.  No real sell out.  She just stopped taking orders - and money.