Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

Yes, essentially Lisa helped the cruise line sell rooms but they also pushed the packages [beverage, wifi, etc.] and there is no way the cruise line will come out on the short end.  They push expensive excursions too.  The ship left each port very early so there was no chance to even try a local restaurant.

I was surprised that she did not have a photographer take individual pictures of her with each tribe member and then a group picture.

Many cruises with these kinds of stops are only at a port for about 8 hours or so.  There is nothig unusual about that.  Generally you get to port about 8ish and you leave the port between 5 and 6 which means you have to be back to the ship by 4.

You know this when you book the cruise as the itinerary is right there with all the times listed.  There is plenty of time to try local restaurants for breakfast, lunch or possibly an early dinner.

Valued Contributor

why in the world do people still obsess about what Lisa is still doing??? life goes on.

Trusted Contributor

For me, a cruise itinerary that forces me to constantly watch the clock is no fun.  They did not have a single overnight stay.  That limits what you can do.  You get stuck with the cheesy, tourist trap excursions the cruise line sets up.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@maximillion wrote:

Personally, I think that Lisa should have paid for herself and her crew to go on this cruise, instead of her customers footing the bill. And yes, any expense that she does incur, she will use as a tax write-off. I guess that I will never understand why some people put her up on such a high pedastal above all others, including themselves. She is just a former Miss Tennessee and a former QVC on-air sales host. Nothing more, nothing less.

probably for the same reason that you are spending your time reading this post and commenting.  we find it interesting.

The only reason I read the post is because LR used to be a Q sales host for 20 years. I don't know her anymore than that and neither do you. I don't like or dislike her, as I don't know her personally, and neither do you! And yet you defend her! I didn't even know what she was doing these days since leaving the Q until I read about it her on the boards. I don't find that unusual at all. I really don't care what she does, but I also don't understand why people think that she is some goddess, when she clearly is not!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  It’s so interesting that you said people either love that Belize port or they hate it.  My sister knew another woman from her church that also took the same cruise at the same time.  They weren’t actually friends, we weren’t traveling together, and had not made any plans together.  We saw that woman at the end of the day of that port of call and she was livid! She hated the entire day and said if she knew that was the extent of visiting Belize she never would have taken the cruise at all. Smiley LOL

For me, that little private island made my entire cruise! I had no intention of leaving the pool or the beach.  I didn’t want souvenirs, lunch, or sightseeing once I saw all that water.  

For my my next cruise, which I am narrowing down now for 2020, I must have fabulous water features, and great food.  I hear Royal Caribbean’s Coco Cay Island (their own) may be a contender.

I hope you have a wonderful time!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Mj12 ‼️

Valued Contributor

Re: lisa's cruise???

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Lisa doesn't seem to be interacting with her tribe very much.  I've looked at her Facebook page and the pictures the Tribe is posting.  She doesn't seem to be personally involved with them very much.

most likely, she doesn't want to spend time getting waivers/releases to take the pictures of others or blurring their pictures.  she would have to do that.

This isn’t true. The person who takes the image  on their camera owns the copyright to the image. If everyone had to get get waivers,  FB wouldn’t be full of images with people in them and there would be no such thing as paparazzi pictures. Blurring can be done out of consideration, but it does not legally have to be done.  Filming is another story altogether. 

Respected Contributor
Spoiler
Spoiler

Lisa Robertson? Are people seriously going on a Lisa Robertson cruise?? Smiley LOL Hysterical

Respected Contributor

OMG- Too funny! People are actually paying for this? WOW, just WOW!

Trusted Contributor

They paid and went already!  It was last week.