Respected Contributor
They are basically opaque tights without the feet, right? I've never worn them but if they are comfy, I could b tempted. Always wear with a long tunic top?
Trusted Contributor
On 8/9/2014 kate2357 said:
On 8/9/2014 sailor moon said: If people saw themselves in a 360 degree mirror, they may not want to wear leggings.

You probably meant that to be snarky...but I don't entirely disagree w/ you about people looking in the mirror...from all angles...before they walk out of the house.

I see some people out there, men and women...who look like they forgot to brush the back of their hair. {#emotions_dlg.scared}And don't get me started on the too tight tops...again, men and women...and what that looks like from the back. Lycra is not kind to people who are not smooth...and who among us doesn't have a few, um, bumps & jiggly bits?

Re: leggings. I do think the material used and proper sizing...not to mention the right top and undergarments...make all the difference in how leggings look on women. I personally don't want to be 'that' woman who wears the too thin leggings and have everyone gander at my jiggly bits or my underwear. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

So I say yay! to Louis who makes leggings that make me not look like 'that' woman.

But to each their own....

No snark intended, and your post explains perfectly how leggings should and should not be worn. Unfortunately, not every woman knows that too tight and too short tops, paired with flimsy, thin, and see-thru leggings, is not a very flattering look.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor
I don't treat them as pants, never have. I do like them in the winter with a sweater dress and boots. I treat them as thicker tights and I like the chunkier look with sweater dresses.
Respected Contributor

Agree- Leggings are for girls in their teens, 20's and 30's who are a SIZE 8 or below! Certainly, no woman who is overweight should be wearing a legging. NOT flattering and not stylish. I wear them w/ a tunic and flats/sneakers to run errands or to walk but would not wear them to lunch, etc...

Honored Contributor

Unless a woman is very thin and very young they don't look good. Even with a long tunic top - they still show the lumps and bumps in thighs. I don't care how comfortable they are only a very few women are flattered by this look. Very few.

Trusted Contributor
On 8/9/2014 happygal said: They are basically opaque tights without the feet, right? I've never worn them but if they are comfy, I could b tempted. Always wear with a long tunic top?
Actually, no, most leggings are far from opaque, that's a common misconception. Tights are just that - opaque stockings. Leggings are made of a much thicker knit material, and some have patterns. Finding the perfect pair of leggings is just like finding the perfect pair of pants. They all fit differently and are made of different materials, so you have to find the ones that work for you and you like the color and design. I just received a SG pair that are 95% cotton and 5% spandex. No Lycra of the days of old. The whole point of leggings is to NOT show lumps and bumps, that's why most are thick. If they did, they wouldn't be so popular, right? Just because a few women make poor choices, with overly tight tops and bottoms, doesn't mean that everyone will look that way when they wear leggings. Sure, there's a time and place to wear them, but that's true of most fashion choices.
Respected Contributor
I like leggings with the right top. There was one at Costcos today that I regret not picking up. I could use some new ones. I wasnt sure what size and was in a hurry. Hopefully, they will be there next time I go. I live in yoga pants and leggings when I am home.
Respected Contributor
I like leggings with the right top. There was one at Costcos today that I regret not picking up. I could use some new ones. I wasnt sure what size and was in a hurry. Hopefully, they will be there next time I go. I live in yoga pants and leggings when I am home.
Honored Contributor
On 8/9/2014 cosmic1 said: I don't treat them as pants, never have. I do like them in the winter with a sweater dress and boots. I treat them as thicker tights and I like the chunkier look with sweater dresses.
this to me is the only way they should be worn. Unfortunately it is not the case. Unless you have the body of a dancer you should not be wearing them as pants!