Super Contributor

I started buying some Susan Graver about 5 weeks ago. its now an addiction. really love and appreciate the feel, comfort, fit (and flare) and the quality. 

some are complaining about the prices. I go for easy pay when I can and am slowly replacing many things in my wardrobe. or not so slowly based on recent orders, LOL. 

these will last forever and they are a perfect fit for my body. so far just solid tops, jackets and dusters. reviews on pants make me a tad nervous, but will try a pair one of these days. 

as for her perkniess....could do with a bit less, so I often just shop online instead of always watching. she is good with Sandra and Carolyn as they seem to keep things a bit lower key. 

I am 72, 5'3, 160 and the mediums fit like a dream. I especially like the longer lengths to cover fanny and inner thighs. 

brava, Susan!

Honored Contributor

@knittykittyI'm also a fan of many of Susan's offerings.  As I do with nearly my total wardrobe, I stick with basics tending to classics.

I know some of her items seem pricey, but because nearly  everything I've purchased from her has lived up to her (constant) promise that it will last and last, I actually find what she offers to be far less expensive in the long run. That works well for me.  I oft3n wonder if the price complainers are women who want new and different ffequently - if that's what I wanted, I'd buy cheap and toss or donate.  That's never been my way.

Enjoy your new duds!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, go easy on your purchases so you don't end up with regrets.  I have a lot of Susan Graver and I like most of what I have purchased.  But I have some things that I have never worn.  I have somethings that I have only worn a few times, and will likely donate very soon.  It is easy to get swept up in the hype of her presentations.  There tends to be a lot of her items as lunchtime and primetime specials, so be sure to check there too.  Happy shopping!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@knittykitty wrote:

I started buying some Susan Graver about 5 weeks ago. its now an addiction. really love and appreciate the feel, comfort, fit (and flare) and the quality. 

some are complaining about the prices. I go for easy pay when I can and am slowly replacing many things in my wardrobe. or not so slowly based on recent orders, LOL. 

these will last forever and they are a perfect fit for my body. so far just solid tops, jackets and dusters. reviews on pants make me a tad nervous, but will try a pair one of these days. 

as for her perkniess....could do with a bit less, so I often just shop online instead of always watching. she is good with Sandra and Carolyn as they seem to keep things a bit lower key. 

I am 72, 5'3, 160 and the mediums fit like a dream. I especially like the longer lengths to cover fanny and inner thighs. 

brava, Susan!

Welcome

I also buy a good amount of susan graver.  But don't make my mistakes...that easy pay can be the DEVIL ...it is so easy to forget what you purchased months ago.  I also place all my orders as CHECK orders initially.

Then I wait like 1 week, read the reviews and then switch the item to a credit cards. 99.999% of the time if easy pay was offered when you put it on check order you can put it back on easy pay when you switch from a check to a credit card payment.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips great 👍🏿 advice for us all.

Honored Contributor

Re: late to the party

[ Edited ]

@knittykitty 

Can I make a recommendation re SG's pants?

I'm a fan of her lustra knit pants.  I've been buying them for years.  I must have a pair or two (or three) of every style she's offered.  They fit well, and have enough "weight" to hang properly.   My only issue with the lustra knit is her color choice / availability. 

For my taste, her liquid knit pants are too flimsy.  You can gauge by looking at the models walking in the pants. If you an see the outline of their kneecap ... fabric is too thin! 

I have narrow hips and thighs - and order pants by my hip measurement.  Always a good fit for me.

------------------------

ETA:  I'm a few years older than you .. have worn SG for lots of years.

Honored Contributor

I wore SG for many, many years and I totally agree with you.  The fabrics, the fit, the quality are all excellent.  My work situation changed, I work from my home office now so I don't need "office" clothes and she doesn't design anything very casual.  That's the only reason why I don't buy from her line now.  I don't understand the complaints about QVC prices, they are commensurate with or lower than what I would be paying at any of the brick&mortar stores I would be shopping at.  SG is very enthusiastic and proud of her line and she's a talker.  She's happy, perky, and she doesn't control the preentations because it's her line.  I'm ok with that but it doesn't set well with some.  She's been with QVC far longer than any other fashion designer/vendor and her inventory is far greater than anyone else's so obvious paying customers love her.  

Super Contributor

thank you! good info. yes, I do check the measurements for each new piece I order. 

:-)))

Super Contributor

thank you! and, yes, I agree: pay more, lasts longer so less in the end :-))

Super Contributor

I focus on building pieces I know I will wear and follow my rule: 'when in doubt, don't' to avoid regrets. and I read all reviews. very happy with what I have purchased. non SG is what is being donated ;-)