Trusted Contributor

Re: knees too tight in pants

@gritslady---That was a very wonderful, helpful post.

Welcome to the Q boards.

I think ANYONE larger than a #2 pencil should absolutely stay away from skinny pants,legging and jeggings!!!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it----------tedEbear

Esteemed Contributor

I recently have seen this issue w pants, particularly jeans. I was not trying on slim or skinny jeans, I was trying on boot cut. And this was from several different lines I had been able to wear before. I have avg size legs, run about 35-40 miles a week...but have had a really hard time finding anything to fit thru the knees.

The first time was at Old Navy and I thought, well it's just an odd batch of ON jeans cut wrong. So go to Macy's and try on maybe 15 different bootcut ... most all fit really tight from top of knee down about 2 inches below knee cap. Oddest thing.

Amongst that stack I did find some Style and Company black bootcut jeans that fit. Bought those and a week later ordered 2 more online for back up when they start fading. Best part is they were on sale ... don't think they were even $25. Have not tried the denim version because I had found an old pair of Calvin's in my husbands closet. They were my jeans...but in his closet. Have no idea how long they've been there. I am guessing several years ago I spent a day looking for those dang pants & just figured I had given them away. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Contributor

GRITSgirl, I have tried those pants and you are very right about the fit!  The 2 problems I have with them is that the colors in twill is that they seem to be a magnet for hair and lint, and also I am tall 5'9" but the tall size is too long in the rise, so the pants come up to my  chest area......(that is a whole other topic).  I might try them again in the denim material.  Thank you for reminding me of them!!!!