Respected Contributor

I like Katrina, and The Szish List. I often miss it if I don't have insomnia. I think it should be on at a decent hour where more people can see it. I actually wrote that to the Q as a suggestion, and sang praises of her capabilities as a host. 

Trusted Contributor

She knows her fashion, is well prepared for her show, is well dressed and spoken.  that's a lot more than what I can say for some of the other so called fashion hosts.

Trusted Contributor
Oh my gosh there are endless complaints about sloppy dressing hosts, so Now we’re complaining that a woman dresses up on national television? How awful! Lol. I think she is professional, knows her products and does a great job presenting items.
Trusted Contributor

For those questioning why she left Vogue, there could be any number of reasons.  I worked in publishing (consultant in addition to my primary employment) and was amazed with the speed with which employees were devoted or fired with limited or no prior notification. Some of the reasons: a series didn't sale; a Spanish edition wasn't created; ancillary materials did not support learners; the magazine appealed to a specific niche; and so forth.  Staffs have been downsized.

Publishers have consolidated and many are owned by multinational corporations and must demonstrate growth and sales.  Magazines have been discontinued and even the venerable ones.  Online publications are nimble and fierce competitors.  Advertisement have decreased significantly and subscriptions are insufficient (with few exceptions such as The New Yorker which increased its subscription base), and some consider magazines a luxury they can't afford.  Katrina might have considered these issues and sought a new outlet for her creativity.  Besides, she previously worked in television, e.g. CBS, and is used to working in different media.

Valued Contributor

First of all thanks OP for starting the post.  It's probably my Irish love of debate but I like strings that get everyone to express their opinions. QVC has shows to appeal to a wide variety of interests and sensibilities and some hit their mark with me and others don't.  I love the way Katrina styles and narrates her shows.  She has a real talent for ferreting out stylish, edgier items from the QVC inventory and showing them to their best advantage.  

I get that the pandemic has changed things for us.  But now it is time to stop feeling down and regain your fashion identity!  Unless you absolutely HATED dressing up and doing makeup (and if you did celebrate and use this as a reason to quit) try a week of laying out cute outfits, jewelry, and accessories every night and get dressed first thing in the AM.  For bedtime be sure to wear cute PJs and coordinating sets.  I do this and it lifts my spirits enormously.  I work at home full time and it really helps keep you focused. My husband was kidding me last night when he saw me doing the same thing for a Saturday.  He was like why you are not working?  I was hey it is the weekend, an even better reason to celebrate!

PS Dennis Basso  (a regular on the Szish List) works from home now.. notice that the man still wears his suits!  Love him!

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS   Many of Katrina's shows are in the middle of the night so I don't see them first hand but I always tune in in the morning after to see all of what she had on. I'll tune in to the videos to watch and listen.

On a rare occasion KS has been on during a given day. I truly enjoy her, she is so much better than a few other hosts here who I think don't need to be here.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight   You nailed it - Katrina is so good at her job here, she almost doesn't 'belong'.

Honored Contributor

@lucky123 wrote:

please I was just wondering why a new host was getting her own show. I don't know this person. I don't idolize people. I have real things to think about. I did wish the lady luck. Vogue..... editor.... its just a job. caring about family, loving each other and helping someone less fortunate...well that is what it is all about. take kersten her inspirational shows rock. its all about stepping outside of yourself. inspire. step outside of your self. you have to build yourself up first and not your wardrobe.

@lucky123  You started a thread putting the host down, but then adding one line of "I wish her well." Yeah, OK.

You are watching a shopping channel.  Shopping, not some influencer, feel good emotional guru.  Why hold Katrina up to something she's not there to do? She is steller in her hosting, always presenting the items in their best light, and giving all the information shoppers need to make a purchase decision.  That's not putting anyone on any pedestal to idolize at all.  Those are your words.  

As for Kerstin, if you feel you get all the relevant product information from her constant yelling, "I LOVE THIS!" and her constantly preening at herself in the monitors, that's great for you.  Enjoy her shows. 

Honored Contributor

@lucky123 wrote:

please I was just wondering why a new host was getting her own show. I don't know this person. I don't idolize people. I have real things to think about. I did wish the lady luck. Vogue..... editor.... its just a job. caring about family, loving each other and helping someone less fortunate...well that is what it is all about. take kersten her inspirational shows rock. its all about stepping outside of yourself. inspire. step outside of your self. you have to build yourself up first and not your wardrobe.

@lucky123  - Katrina's show is a fashion show - not a self-help show.   This show is all about building up your wardrobe.  If you're not interested in fashion, her show is probaby not the one to watch.

Honored Contributor

Re: katrina szish

[ Edited ]

She's too new for me.  I only watch QVC occasionally.  I don't know most of the hosts by name.  I remember seeing a promo for her, but not her show.  I will google her in the QVC site and see what she offers in clothing.

Never mind.  Her show is on 1AM on Fridays.......I'm sleeping at that time.  Worth it to record?