Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Why is working from home an excuse to not dress properly?  You are getting paid?  You have a job?  So get out of the pj's and go to work. At home.

Comb your hair, put on some decent clothing and work.  You will feel good about yourself and not become someone who is lacking in pride and ambition when this whole thing ends.  Do yourself a favor, respect yourself. 

I read about a school where they wear uniforms, had the kids wear them when they were learning virtually. A reminder to the kids they were in school and helped keep them focused. @Sooner  Worked for me when I worked from home 2 days a week years ago. Now retired and it's just me and dog I force myself to get dressed, maybe just jeans and nice top but I do feel better. 

Respected Contributor

She clearly thinks she's a talk show host.  She sits over there in that red chair and ignores the products.  I've seen her with clothing and the items are 10 feet away on a rack and she stays in that red chair chatting with a virtual guest.  I can just hear her thinking -- "But that's my thing!  If I get up and walk over there, I'll have to un-pretzel my legs and leave my show prop and I am trying to be famous for this fancy red chair!"  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Totally agree Kachina.  If not for Katrina, we would be in the valley of 

Same old, Same Old products with no one savy enough to show the run of the mill products with a little pizzaz. She chooses a variety of products and shows them in their best light.

Frequent Contributor

please I was just wondering why a new host was getting her own show. I don't know this person. I don't idolize people. I have real things to think about. I did wish the lady luck. Vogue..... editor.... its just a job. caring about family, loving each other and helping someone less fortunate...well that is what it is all about. take kersten her inspirational shows rock. its all about stepping outside of yourself. inspire. step outside of your self. you have to build yourself up first and not your wardrobe.

Respected Contributor

@lucky123 WHO?   Is she a new host?

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Why is working from home an excuse to not dress properly?  You are getting paid?  You have a job?  So get out of the pj's and go to work. At home.

Comb your hair, put on some decent clothing and work.  You will feel good about yourself and not become someone who is lacking in pride and ambition when this whole thing ends.  Do yourself a favor, respect yourself. 

I read about a school where they wear uniforms, had the kids wear them when they were learning virtually. A reminder to the kids they were in school and helped keep them focused. @Sooner  Worked for me when I worked from home 2 days a week years ago. Now retired and it's just me and dog I force myself to get dressed, maybe just jeans and nice top but I do feel better. 

@mspatmac I know it helps the dog too cause you are ready to go!Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

What @Kachina624 said and I add to that, Miss Szish has a superior class for people that do enjoy watching fine things.

Examplle last night, Katrina was demostrating the perfum by Cartier, Le Baiser Du Dragon, and what an exquisite presentation she trully made.

Just like the perfum, Miss Szish brings a softness and remarkapable sensuality to all item she presents.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

She clearly thinks she's a talk show host.  She sits over there in that red chair and ignores the products.  I've seen her with clothing and the items are 10 feet away on a rack and she stays in that red chair chatting with a virtual guest.  

———————

That’s actually the premise of her show. Before Covid, she would have three in-studio guests(not all vendors) and they would discuss fashion, trends etc. and use the items being sold to illustrate. The focus was on conversation rather than listing every single color, size, measurement. 

It was a little awkward at first, but most of the guests started to understand the concept.  It’s obviously harder to carry out now, but it’s still the only show I will actively seek to watch. 

Super Contributor

Not here either.

Respected Contributor

I find Katrina very refreshing, smart, and funny.  Yes, she was an editor at Vogue and her boss was Dame Anna Wintour (a movie was made about her starring Meryl Streep).  She is close to her parents - her father, a dentist, and her mother, a homemaker - living in Pennsylvania.  Her love of fashion has led me to explore new ideas and innovative ways of accessorizing my outfits.  I, too, worked in fashion and was asked to model many, many years ago.  So I know that once a love of fashion is in your soul it is with you forever.  In addition, she is an animal lover and works with shelters.  I wish Katrina was more in the spotlight - give her a TSV and better hours.  She is a gem and the Q is lucky to have someone of her caliber.