Honored Contributor

Re: jill bauer's broken ribs???

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never broken ribs, thankfully, but I know a few people who have and they took quite awhile to heal and they were very, very painful according to them.  And there was no cast they put on for them.  I believe one of them had the area rapped but that was it. 

Really?  To what song?  By Ice-T? Jay-Z?

Yes I meant wrapped.  Fingers were working faster than the brain.  I'm sure everyone got the point just fine but thank you for pointing out a spelling error. 

I generally refrain from doing that to others because as soon as I would point one out in someone else's post, I'd make one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Yes I meant wrapped.  Fingers were working faster than the brain.  I'm sure everyone got the point just fine but thank you for pointing out a spelling error. 

I generally refrain from doing that to others because as soon as I would point one out in someone else's post, I'd make one. 

Hi Ms Diva!  I knew what you meant.  My husband did a Chevy Chase and fell off the porch roof adjusting Christmas lights and broke 4 or 5 ribs. (it's been awhile and my memory comes and goes) He was hospitalized but not rapped or wrapped.  Just told to hold a pillow and not get back on the roof.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Hi Ms Diva!  I knew what you meant.  My husband did a Chevy Chase and fell off the porch roof adjusting Christmas lights and broke 4 or 5 ribs. (it's been awhile and my memory comes and goes) He was hospitalized but not rapped or wrapped.  Just told to hold a pillow and not get back on the roof.

Hi lulu.  I haven't "seen" you around.

Your DH is lucky that he only broke his ribs!  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Hi lulu.  I haven't "seen" you around.

Your DH is lucky that he only broke his ribs!  

Oh Ms Diva I still hear that thud.  Honestly when I saw him, his eyes were closed, he was completely still and silent.  I was scared to death. (I thought his)

Thanks for noticing I was missing, we've been on vacation.

I hope you are well and getting ready for some Irish football.

Trusted Contributor

Poor Jill ~ hope she heals quickly!  Too bad she will miss her reunion ~ she has mentioned several times that it was coming up, so I think she was really looking forward to it ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, I think everyone knew what you meant about "rapped", and I don't think @Pearlee was trying to point out the error of your ways but rather just saw it as an opportunity to inject some humor. She did make me laugh, not AT you, but WITH her!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I broke 2 ribs, takes 6 weeks to heal, but I was able to go to work and functuon just fine, just took Advil to get thru the day.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never broken ribs, thankfully, but I know a few people who have and they took quite awhile to heal and they were very, very painful according to them.  And there was no cast they put on for them.  I believe one of them had the area rapped but that was it. 

Really?  To what song?  By Ice-T? Jay-Z?

No need to get bent out of shape about it.  I usually let them go too, since of course I make them - we all do.  I only pointed out this particular one because it struct me as funny per my post.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I think everyone knew what you meant about "rapped", and I don't think @Pearlee was trying to point out the error of your ways but rather just saw it as an opportunity to inject some humor. She did make me laugh, not AT you, but WITH her!

@MaggieMack,   you read my post exactly as intended.  Smiley Happy  I'm glad it made you laugh.