Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo - I love cold weather clothing - the colors are so warm and rich. I love boots - I wear them anyway. I also like cold weather and miss it so I only go to NY in the winter around the holidays - I need my fix. I go see the tree and have dinner at one of the restaurants rink side and watch the skating. Winter wonderland.

This sauna down here - OMG - I can't stand it. I really miss the seasons, but don't get me wrong - I don't like sub-zero temps either and I can't stand the wind that takes your breath away. 

Let's hope for some "cold fronts" - below 70 please Woman LOLHeart

Trusted Contributor

Prices are high in most stores.  I often find good prices in stores like TJ Maxx but sizes are usually limited to fewer than a dozen.  I understand why so many people do purchase from QVC; there is a large selection of choices and colors.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@nycgrl

I hear you! I have a bunch of really cute jackets that I have to rotate wearing cuz we have so few opportunities! LOL

I actually prefer cold weather clothing to warm weather but I can't stand cold weather!

@Andreatoo,Does this mean you won't be coming for snow cream?Smiley Happy

Image result for confused pit puppy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Oh I can handle a visit it's living through it that's miserable! Like trying to get out of bed in the morning but you can't so you oversleep! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Oh I can handle a visit it's living through it that's miserable! Like trying to get out of bed in the morning but you can't so you oversleep! LOL

@Andreatoo,I don't have to get up tomorrow morning!   lalalalalalalalalalala!

Smiley Happy  Whoopie!

Image result for woman jumping for joy

Contributor

@I agree               Dee Dee C wrote:

I am watching D&Co this morning. The prices to me keep going up and up. $40 for a top. Really. Maybe its just me. What do you think ladies. 

@De Anna wrote:

I am watching D&Co this morning. The prices to me keep going up and up. $40 for a top. Really. Maybe its just me. What do you think ladies. 

Contributor

The prices of many of the clothes on QVC have gone thru the roof.   I can get better deals at the brick and mortar stores.

Honored Contributor

all depends on budget. If 40-50 is high for you , then, best to go to Bealls, Kohl's.

Honored Contributor

I have sewn all my life (well, since Jr. High).... and I still can't make something for less than I can buy it~!  The big problem for me is that the fabrics and notions used on ready made clothing is usually very cheaply made.  I know they (the manufacturers) are pushing the thin, thin, poorly loomed materials as these high-fashion-you've-got-to-have items, but they are awful and not made to last, as a matter of fact if the seams don't give way, or the fabrics shrink or you don't poke your finger through the fabric in the first five washings, you're lucky.  

So when I talk about making something, I gravitate towards the upper end fabrics that I've always used. Only now they're running $50 plus a yard to get them.  One yard is usually not enough to cut a blouse.  Plus you'll need binding, thread, buttons, a zipper or some kind of notions to finish it.  End result.... at the very least, a $75 blouse.

So yes, everything has been going up up up...  but I find some of the fashions on the Q to be reasonably priced for the most part.  I just don't like many of the fabrics used..... and they can tell me they're great until they're blue in the face, I know they're not made to last or be easy care, BUT a $40 blouse is not a bad price (still worth consideration) and still what I consider a "throw-away" item not meant to last years.... IMHO.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@De Annait is not just  you. I do think a lot of the lines are very good quality . As some one who used to sew I appreciate the little touches that SG shows on her clothes and I know D& co that I have purchased have been made nicely. I just do not generally want to spend $50. for a blouse oh yes $45. on sale + sh then sh&h for the free exchange.

I do watch though hoping for a bargain and check out the clearance.

I shop thrift stores sometimes and find some nice names from QVC for thrift store prices.