Trusted Contributor

is Robert Lee Morris still on qvc???

i see some items listed but does he still do shows?

Honored Contributor

Re: is Robert Lee Morris still on qvc???

I think they've phased him out. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   Did QVC phase him out or did he decide to close himself out as he did the store he closed in 2014 after nearly 40 years in SOHO

I just Googled RLM -   He’s available many places, new and used and lots of reduced prices.  It may not pay him or QVC to do the air time.

Honored Contributor

I love his style, I find many of his pieces in TJMaxx

I just bought a pair of 2 tone earrings last week.

Saw a necklace I wanted but it was a bit pricey, still may go back & get it.

I think the pieces at TJMaxx are from his department store line

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@Kachina624   Did QVC phase him out or did he decide to close himself out as he did the store he closed in 2014 after nearly 40 years in SOHO?

@millieshops I don't know but everything I've gotten the past few years has been so poorly designed that it's unusable.  I became thoroughly disgusted with his merchandise.  I don't think he designed any of it.  Surely with his experience he could design a toggle closure that will stay fastened.  I think he sold his name and waved goodbye.

Trusted Contributor

lol just found this:

Esteemed Contributor
Caaareful Shopper

Re: Robert Lee Morris

I remember he introduced an "organic motif" necklace (J354660) in 2018, and one of the versions was the Peace sign.  Well, it was supposed to be the peace sign; all the photos and marketing of it was the peace sign.  But when it finally aired it was upside down.  The pendant was adhered to the chain, so you could not remove it to turn it right-side up.  The lowest ratings for the necklace speak about that.

After one showing, and loads of questions online about it, they removed the photos and kept selling it without remarking about it being a mistake.  After being originally surprised, I think Robert tried to make a story about it being about outstretched hands, or something.  The way they handled that -- by not handling it at all -- was just not right.

I still like his jewelry and adore the pieces I have.  I get them from Macy's or Zulily when they have fabulous sales on them.

He introduced a different Peace sign necklace in 2019 (J362550), with earrings available to match.  Presumably, this was to make up for the 2018 fiasco.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   lol.  We crossed, but your comment hits home for me.   I haven’t bought RLM for a very long time - last item was a pair of teardrop earrings that looked okay, but they were too heavy to wear all afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops    I got a pair of star shape earrings that stick me in the jaw the whole time I'm wearing them.  They're very attractive though. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen him on in a very long time.  I loved watching him and his explanation of his innovative pieces.  You can tell he is a true artist in the way be sees things.  I am lucky to have many of his sterling pieces before sterling silver prices soared and he moved on to less costly metals.  While his sterling pieces are fabulous, the newer pieces are still worth having.  He is my favorite jewelry designer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last time I saw him on air, several years ago, he complained incessantly about the materials QVC was using for his products, which were not his choice.  I think that was when he started using bronze.  I don't buy bronze (all my gorgeous Honora bronzo promptly tarnished -- if anyone knoes how to fix that let me know), so I stopped watching, though I still saw new items being offered on the website for years.

edited to add -- i wrote bronze, but I think it was brass, which another poster mentioned.