Respected Contributor

Re: interesting J Jill observation

@chrystaltree wrote:

Maybe I am just missing something but when a sale is over...it's over.  The sales associates don't make that decision, it's a corporate decision and they can't play favorites with customers. 

I don't think the issue is with the Sales Associates.  I think folks are questioning some of the corporate policies that don't really seem to make a lot of sense.

This is not as if i either n the original example or in the Talbots example I cited - that we are talking about a Today's Special type of sale that then goes back to regular price.

In the first case, they are apparently trying to get rid of the merchandise and in my example, the price was even lower than the day before when I purchased it.   To insist that the "sale is over" or in my case, the price of an item not even shipped yet cannot be sold at the current sale price is just dumb.  And it costs both stores money.

Honored Contributor

i will keep watching the olivia sweater because there were some nice colors and it looks like a great basic. i will wait for a good coupon code or an additional markdown.....or BOTH.

lets go @MacDUFF ......i am ready to find great bargains this time of the year! Woman Very Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

Bwahahahahahaha!  I love WC burgers.  One good thing about WC is that you don't have to get dressed up in a JJill outfit to go there lol!   I just realized that Time Warner Cable is now Spectrum!  There goes my promotion...what do you bet!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Maybe I am just missing something but when a sale is over...it's over.  The sales associates don't make that decision, it's a corporate decision and they can't play favorites with customers. 

@chrystaltree- yes, you missed something. This wasn't new merchandise with just a sale for a few days. These things were on clearance. Bottom tier pricing before sending the items off to liquidation land. They added an additional % off to try to move them. 

They removed the additional % off. My theory is if you didn't move them with the additional % off, chances aren't good that you're going to move them with a higher price. 

Of course it's a corporate decision and I would never, ever, ask anyone to give me some sort of special pricing. Where did you get that idea in your head?

i just put the things back on the shelf and left.  If they're clearance, I'm not going to pay higher than I did last week.  They can sit there till the end of time. No big deal. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree- yes, you missed something. This wasn't new merchandise with just a sale for a few days. These things were on clearance. Bottom tier pricing before sending the items off to liquidation land. They added an additional % off to try to move them. 

They removed the additional % off. My theory is if you didn't move them with the additional % off, chances aren't good that you're going to move them with a higher price. 

Of course it's a corporate decision and I would never, ever, ask anyone to give me some sort of special pricing. Where did you get that idea in your head?

i just put the things back on the shelf and left.  If they're clearance, I'm not going to pay higher than I did last week.  They can sit there till the end of time. No big deal. 

I agree.  I've had a couple of situations with items on Lunchtime specials that I ordered and liked and then checked to see if they were still available.  Now I was willing to pay a couple of dollars more, but when I saw that they were $20 to $30 higher (I'm NOT exaggerating - talking Logo tops here), I also said they can stay there til the end of time - no thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@hennypennyhope you used ebates for anothe 6% off.  I rarely shop B&M any more because you can get better deals online plus additional discounts that you can't get in store.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer

i have actually ordered lunchtime specials over a week later and have been able to get the exact same price. sometimes i order one and then the other color is not available. it occasionally pops up when people cancel their orders or waitlist. i then call customer service and they give me the same price that i paid for the one i was able to get.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Isobel Archer

i have actually ordered lunchtime specials over a week later and have been able to get the exact same price. sometimes i order one and then the other color is not available. it occasionally pops up when people cancel their orders or waitlist. i then call customer service and they give me the same price that i paid for the one i was able to get.

I have too.  It seems to be primarily Logo that jumps up in price.  It just seems to me that if they can sell the tank for $13.99, then $38 is just too much - even it was originally $60 or $70.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh@Isobel Archer@sunshine45@NJgirl 1205@NJgirl 1205@MacDUFF

Here is my story of Store craziness:

Ordered a wedge sneaker (looks like a boot) from Amaz by Easy Spirit. $80 (shipping from third party vendor Bon Ton)

Arrived Friday tried on and it fit!

Same day: Bon Ton has it for $31.99 WHAT??

I'm returning the shoe to A for an $80 refund

Ordered TWO (both colors) from Bon Ton for LESS than one pair from A.

I think this wasn't a price game... it was happenstance.

However, someone at BT SHOULD be able to see the mistake here... having to refund an Amazon customer when a credit would have solved it all. The human element s missing and costing businesses a lot of $$ in the process.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It appears that I didn't miss anything.  The items were marked down or put on clearance, it's semantics and the words don't matter one little bit.  They slashed prices for Christmas and and now they have increased them.  No one except you cares about whether those items will sell or not sell or what they will do with those things when the spring items come out.  It doesn't involve the customers or potential customers.  None of our business.  All you can do is decide if you want to buy or not buy and then move on.  It's not unusual and it's certainly not a big deal.