Honored Contributor

Re: if dooney and bourke never wear out why own so many

On 3/28/2015 ruddietee said:

With so many people in need of assistance to live day to day how can people brag about owning 40 bags. Lot of money if you add it up.

Most people I know spend way more money on movies, going out to dinner, or electronic gadgets than they do on purses, but here you are complaining about people bragging about purses. Sounds like this is your problem, not the problem of the people who own more handbags than you think is acceptable.

Contributor

On 3/28/2015 handygal said: When people call in, and tell the show host how many Dooney bags they own, I sometimes think they're exaggerating. But whatever makes one happy.....

I agree, handygal. I take whatever the callers say with a grain of salt. Sometimes I think they say whatever it will take to get themselves on air.

Honored Contributor

If I had a thousand bags, Dooney or otherwise, it would be fully my business and I wouldn't feel compelled, even a little bit, to justify it to anyone...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

As long as I am not paying for their stuff.....they can own 50 of them...not everybody is pinching pennies..so does that mean they should give their money away and not utilize it on things that they like?

Esteemed Contributor

Now there's a handbag redistribution movement?

Esteemed Contributor

I though about that myself. I guess we all have our COLLECTIONS that we cannot get enough of. It would be an interesting topic about what we have in excess. Mine is electronic gadgets. It is almost embarrassing. I bought a Keurig and don't even drink coffee. I had to talk my hubby into giving up his coffee maker and daily grinding his own coffee. I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT.

I use grocery store bag (decorated of course) for my handbags. Believe it or not I get compliments. It is a good investment I guess... only .99 - 2.99 depending upon the store.