Trusted Contributor

Re: i'm not that stupid.....

Sorry folks, but all of this is consistently used globally and is considered fair in retail marketing.

Buyer's beware !  It is up to us, the consumer, to be alerted to and aware of all pricing, special payment abilities, taxes, S&H, and any other part of the sale. As long as it is visible or available in writing, it is fair.

Marketing....such a lovely business.

The world revolves around money spending !

YOU have to be savvy about your transactions..no one is going to spell it out for you !

Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@redhead78 wrote:

Sorry folks, but all of this is consistently used globally and is considered fair in retail marketing.

Buyer's beware !  It is up to us, the consumer, to be alerted to and aware of all pricing, special payment abilities, taxes, S&H, and any other part of the sale. As long as it is visible or available in writing, it is fair.

Marketing....such a lovely business.

The world revolves around money spending !

YOU have to be savvy about your transactions..no one is going to spell it out for you !

Sorry.

While it may be legal it doesn't make it ethical.

As many pointed out it's especially unfair to the visually impaired.

someone suggested a lawsuit; another suggested they hated suits because they're about the money. Not true. Court costs and legal fees aside the organization that takes this on, insisting they be more clear in the verbal descriptions, are suing for a policy change and not money.

Not a bad idea really.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

All the shopping channels do it and they have been doing for the 30 plus years that I've been watching them.  It's to lure those shoppers who are on the fence about Easy Pay into making the purchase.  It's a selling tactic.  $100 sounds significant; $33 not so much.

And around $1  day sounds even less significant! 

Honored Contributor

Our entire economy revolves around money spending and how much consumer debt we are willing to incur.
Honored Contributor

Years ago an elderly man called and spoke to Bob B. He really chewed him out because QVC did not include S&H when speaking about price.

Valued Contributor

I posted something just the other day about Kirsten and I know other hosts do it too..When they are presenting a TSV and it's lets say  it's 8AM on the East Coast and they will say..OMG..It's only 8AM on the east coast and our West Coast shoppers are not even up yet and so many of these BAGS or Coffee makers are sold out..It's like HURRY UP....Hello..the West Coast saw it at 9PM ,most of us East Coasters were sleeping..... They use whatever tactics to SELL,SELL SELL..Hey that's what they were hired to do and I'm prestty sure they have a "SCRIPT"...and I would bet that they have to use it....

Esteemed Contributor

On threads  like this (& there are MANY!) - I always say caveat  emptor.  Buyer beware!